Craig Stapleton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TRICKY DICKY

Craig Stapleton

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Moving accross town for next season according to a source from within the leigh club today.

Does this guy have an EU Passport?

As i said the source was a person from within the leigh club.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
jinkin jimmy

Re: Craig Stapleton

Post by jinkin jimmy »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
Moving accross town for next season according to a source from within the leigh club today.

Does this guy have an EU Passport?

As i said the source was a person from within the leigh club.
I mentioned the possibility of taking him on loan for this season a while ago, after having watched him a few times for Leigh. Don't know if i'd want him next season though.

As for his nationality, I thought he was a "proper" Aussie. He is ex-Parramatta, I believe. Maybe V's Girl can fill us in?
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

I heard this rumour a few months ago but nothing else was said until now. Sorry im not sure if he holds an EU passport, what does everyone think of this guy? I've only seen him once or twice but he seems like a decent player.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Stapo is an ex-Parra player. Not 100% positive on his background but i think he is an Aussie. We brought him from St George/Illawarra so he'd at least been down here for some time.

Not a bad player, not one of the most outstanding players but had his times when he could really get the team out of a rut. One of those players who when he was on his game was very on his game but when he had an off one it was pretty bad. Fortunately he had more good than bad at Parra but didn't have the room for him.

One other fault could be that he loves a bit of biff but i wouldn't really call it a fault too much because he generally knew when to stop. Got sinbinned for a fight with a player who was giving him heaps once and while they were both waiting to come back on the other player continued to give it to him but Stapo just kept his back to him and laughed it off so i wouldn't say he has a lack of discipline
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!