A sad day

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: A sad day

Post by DaveO »

pemps wrote: With regards to the thread on RLFans about DaveO, I locked that too. I did advise that there's no need for threads like that and it would only end up going one way. As Bilko said DaveO is a mod on there, one with by thick skin, and he has the ability to lock, delete, move threads but he chose not to and was happy to let it run. I wasn't.
That is not quite true. I wasn't bothered as I do have a thick skin as you say but would have been once the abusive post appeared which I didn't see until after you locked it. Even then I would have felt uncomfortable dealing with it myself as I am sure some other moron would have levelled some accusation of moderator abuse at me. So thanks for locking it.

If it happens again maybe I will just act myself. On rlfans or on here (if it ever did)!

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

It's very very sad situation when any form of bullying either on line, in the workplace, at school or at home occurs. There is no place for it in society and the perpetrators should be dealt with harshly.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Been away for a couple of days and just seen this. It is cringeworthy. Can only believe it 'cos I'm afraid this appears to reflect the society we now live in, unfortunately.

These forums do exist for reasoned debate, and exchange of views but sad to say they also reach the hands of the lowest common denominator and these types fringe on the criminal.

Hope it gets sorted soon, CP.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

KOOCH wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
I will say what I feel even if it incurs the wrath of the mods.They are a bunch of sad( bastards )that should reside with the other cave dwellers. :D
Hey Koochy coo, I hope you were talking about the Mods on rl fans & not us buggers on here??? :wink:

:lol:
Nowt wrong with the Mods on this site Josie.Just the Morons that are supposed to monitor these kind of thugs.I stopped using rlfans because of the kind of personal abuse leveled at people who voice genuine concerns about the state of rugby league in general.How can a mod stop thuggish types I can hear you ask.Just by reading some of the post you can usually garner from the tone of some posts that the writer is not of a sound mind.Yet these offensive posts still manage to be aired on a regular basis. :D The eagle eyed buggers on this site miss nowt. :D
:lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

rlfans is a lot better than it was a few years ago.

Back then I got a hell of a lot of abuse until I think it was one of our one time regulars on here gpartin (I think) had a right go.

Since then it kind of self regulates in that if someone actually agrees with me or anyone else who makes a point contrary to popular opinion that tends to stop people ganging up.

This time there was a danger that relief valve may not have blown so Pemps was right to nip it in the bud. Most people who might have been headed down the wrong track have taken a step back and its all OK again with Pemps already telling some people off for attacking the poster not the post in regard to a long CPW essay!

rlfans is a lot bigger than here so you are also bound to have more of a chance the odd nutter slipping through. No where to hide here!

There are certainly some burning topics at the moment, mainly Sam and if you want an effect of the lack of communication's from the club has on fans look at the heated exchanges this leads to on rlfans and to a lesser extent here.

So at the end of the day, as with everything it's all IL's fault!

(and if anyone doesn't think that is a joke they are really extremely thick!)

ABP'

Post by ABP' »

I think I'm the ex ''RLFANS staff member'' you're referring to CPWigan. I rarely post on RLFANS anymore but regulary read both forums (I find Twitter to be easier to use as a live forum for Rugby League now).

Just thought I'd put your mind to rest and let you know it wasn't me...I don't hold five year grudges, ha. Between us it got personal and as you have mentioned above, we was both at fault but that's water under the bridge now.

I just find it amazing that somebody has taken Rugby-related opinions so seriously. Like many have said on here, crackpot. Hope you find them.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cheers ABP. Hope you are well etc.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote:cp, you & I haven't always seen eye to eye but we do this as reasonable people & I still count you as a friend. But this?? This is just downright despicable!!

We have all had 'heated debates' (arguments :wink:) on this site, but to do this type of thing over a load of words on an Internet forum belies belief !!

I hope your mum is okay :)

Don't let these morons get to you or upset your family, they aren't worth getting worked up about.

Take care :) x
Here, here :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote: Back then I got a hell of a lot of abuse until I think it was one of our one time regulars on here gpartin (I think) had a right go.
I assume you mean gpartin had a go at the abusers? Knowing him (he's my son!) I'm sure he would.

I have disagreed with you, Dave, and with cp recently but am absolutely with you in condemning the morons who resort to personal abuse of any kind. Well done to both of you for making such a clear stand against it!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

MPE, what's happened to Gaz? He seems to have dropped off the planet! He no longer posts on here, Facebook, Twitter......