Replacements ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Replacements ??

Post by 100% Warrior »

It would appear from comments made in the media today that both Carney and Rads are set to leave the club.

Who would be decent replacements for these two players ?

I think Reardon from Bradford would be a decent signing. He could give us cover at full back and wing, a player with versatility would help the squad. Also, isn't he available due to his contract finishing at the end of the season.

Another idea, if as the press report Souths want Carney why not offer him in exchange for an early release for Bryan Fletcher.

Brian would then be granted his move to the NRL, and we could have an experienced player in the pack to help us for the remainder of the season.

Yes, we would lose an experienced winger but would gain a player who could improve our currently weakened pack.
Tom_McCooey

Re: Replacements ??

Post by Tom_McCooey »

We'd lose an experienced winger,but a winger who seems not to care anymore. I loved Brain Carney to bits, I really did, but he sems to have lost the plot. I can't wait to see our new signings in action next year. I also hope we do actually get 8 good ones.
Wigan 'til I die.
thegimble

Re: Replacements ??

Post by thegimble »

Tom_McCooey posted:
We'd lose an experienced winger,but a winger who seems not to care anymore. I loved Brain Carney to bits, I really did, but he sems to have lost the plot. I can't wait to see our new signings in action next year. I also hope we do actually get 8 good ones.

We have 3 sorted so far. Correct me if im wrong. Gulvao is more or less done. So we have 4 more to come in. At least we will not be as bad as we are now and that is a step in the right direction. We need a FB if Rads goes. Although Gleeson looks a good prospect, that is what he is and we can not expose him to too much action too soon.