when did it all go wrong?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: when did it all go wro...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

No questioning his ability, but no RL club came for him did they? Just goes to show IMO that he was asking for more than ANY RL club was willing - or able - to pay.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Surely he was worth an improvement on his previous contract. I understand it is a one sided view but if he isnt telling porkies do you not think that if we sell all of the players of this calibre should we be surprised by our current predicament.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

but as mentioned before, we could not match the money or oppurtunity given to him by RU. He wouldnt be where he is now if he still played for wigan, mo has made some stupid mistakes in his time, but jason has a good life for himself and his fmaily now. At least he left in a good way unlike Mr Farrell and possibly Mr Radlinski.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
damien morrissey

he didnt want to go.He was worth an improved contract.RU came in for him after he couldnt get satisfaction from us this has become the policy if you are world class and deserve to be paid accordingly then we cant afford you a sad inditement of the club and salary cap that our game is forced to lose these players to a rival code and therefore improve there profile.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

damien morrissey posted:
I bought Jason Robinsons autoboigraphy and that makes intresting reading.He was one of the greatest players to wear the cherry and white and at the peak of his career he was offered a reduced contract at this club he was injury free and always performed and was one of the few players the aussies didnt have a clue what to do with as proved by the RU world cup final.Why were we letting players of this calibre go Mr Lindsay
Don't think you can blame Maurice for this one, he didn't return until late in the 1999 season if not the end/after the season finished. I think Jason had already gone, or at least agreed to go, before ML took over from Peter Norbury or whatever his name was.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
damien morrissey

I stand corrected on this one but the policy doesnt seem to have changed.