Find a way to lose

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dave_highfive1

Re: Find a way to lose

Post by dave_highfive1 »

Mike wrote:
dave_highfive1 wrote:Seems pretty reminiscent of last season!

Things all go to pieces in the important games.

Is this down to SW again??? Did he really need to rest our main players in spite we are only playing London this coming weekend (no disrespect London).

Remember the cock up SW made last season in not Putting Richards at full back at a clinical semi-final?

We are again losing quite a few players this season (Richards, Tuson, Tomkins, Mossop, Prescott) on top of what we lost last season (so pretty much an entire team lost in 2 seasons alone).

Although there were a couple of players who should be sacked after tonight (Dudson in partic), SW needs to be very careful now what voices he makes.

Full credit to Ryan Hampshire and Matty Smith tonight!!
Don't forget, we're likely to also be losing SW next season too - its mentioned almost as much as Sam's move as being something thats happening.

IL has no problem though, the kids can fill the gap. Hampshire will be coach next season as he will have most experience!
I've got a funny feeling you're right. We may be better getting another Aussie coach in again to shape things up. I have a feeling that things are going to slip with SW.

Yes we are near the top but with Madge we won 2 major trophies. With SW we have won no major trophies (LLS aside - however it should be taken more serious) and it doesn't look like we are going to let's be honest.

We have and are going to lose to many talented players over the last 2 seasons (Tomkins, Richards-a fair one, Leuluai, Finch etc etc). This is down to BAD management at Wigan in general and BAD retention of star players.

Next season we have to replace a goal kicker, someone on the left wing (we should have always gone for Jamie Foster-great on the wing and fantastic goal kicker).

At current no-one can replace Lockers in Captain as is quite evident.

Our forwards are gonna be looking even thinner!

Sorry but this is all down to bad management and bad projection!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

dave_highfive1 wrote: Is this down to SW again??? Did he really need to rest our main players in spite we are only playing London this coming weekend (no disrespect London).
No I don't think he did. I said so on the thread in the rumour mill before the match so it's not hindsight either. I said we could beat London with half a team but not Saints despite their poor form.

I don't think he pre-match comments in the press would have helped. They read to me as if he had written the game off already and unless all the players out really were injured his selections reinforce my opinion on that score.

I also think we are really suffering from playing an unsettled team. It's never the same from one week to the next.

Wane can't be blamed for this earlier in the season when we had injured players but its time to give up on the experiments and for Wane to pick his 1st team and stick with it IMO. Only injuries should force a change.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thanks for reminding me why i hate stains! You really are a tool.

If the disciplinary want to look at anything, then the stamp by Wilkin on a tackled Charnley should be worth a few matches talking bollocks with his boyfriends in the media room.

Poor refereeing led to the team getting frustrated - Scott Taylor's hit on o'brien was pay back for the blatant ball steal that everyone in the North of England saw except that idiot Roby. Had we scored at that point, we'd have probably gone on to win.

People say Sam talks to the ref, however compared to the cockney bottler and slug he's as quiet as a church mouse. Slug is scouser-in-charge - what's the bottler's excuse?

Oh well, we are still in with a shout of all three trophies - something that the scousers can only dream of.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

When Rocky tackled greenwood over the line and the ball was dislodged followed by josh picking the ball up and would have went full length if the advantage rule had been allowed to progress correctly, yet Child chose not to. OK so Charnley scored on a play shortly afterwards, but it showed how tight child was going to referee on wigan. Was the infringement continuity rule justified to send green to the sin bin.
markill

Post by markill »

Mike wrote:They looked knackered with 20 minutes to go, but saints didn't.
I think we used our bench poorly. Mossop, Flower and Dudson all stayed on the pitch at times where they needed to come off.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

davetherave2 wrote:Hey tools are useful unlike you my little pie munching termite. When he caught Charnleys hand it was purely accidental that was obvious to everyone apart from THE pIE munchers. And by the way Scousers live in Liverpool, we live in St Helens, you really must get a grip on geography and accents my ignorant Wigan Walker.

I agree there was poor refereeing, only that Wigan should have had at least 2 players with red cards. And yes there was a ball steal but there was also few swinging arms that went a miss too from Wigan players.

We may not win the cc but at least we have good reason to not be in the cup, unlike the whinging pie eaters we don't come up with excuse after excuse. We are rebuilding but still loyal to our team, unlike the majority of Pie Munchers who just whinge their ar** off. I'm so glad i don't support Wigan, what a bunch of Shallow pathetic morons you lot are.
I agree with you on two points:

1. Yes, you have a good reason not to be in the cup - you're not good enough!
2.You're right too about not being scousers - you're just semi-scousers.
:lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

davetherave2 wrote: We may not win the cc but at least we have good reason to not be in the cup, unlike the whinging pie eaters we don't come up with excuse after excuse. We are rebuilding but still loyal to our team, unlike the majority of Pie Munchers who just whinge their ar** off. I'm so glad i don't support Wigan, what a bunch of Shallow pathetic morons you lot are.
So you don't come up with excuses - but you are "rebuilding" - err, isn't that an excuse?

You talk about being "loyal" to your team - although you prefer to come on a Wigan fan site, rather than celebrate your win on your own team's forum? Which club is more important to you? I think we know the answer to that!

And I'm guessing you mean loyal like the Wigan fans were when their club was faced with relegation? I think slug must have mistaken your head for a ball and poured water over it.

Keep talking though - it's putting last night's loss in perspective!

:D
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike wrote:
dave_highfive1 wrote:Seems pretty reminiscent of last season!

Things all go to pieces in the important games.

Is this down to SW again??? Did he really need to rest our main players in spite we are only playing London this coming weekend (no disrespect London).

Remember the cock up SW made last season in not Putting Richards at full back at a clinical semi-final?

We are again losing quite a few players this season (Richards, Tuson, Tomkins, Mossop, Prescott) on top of what we lost last season (so pretty much an entire team lost in 2 seasons alone).

Although there were a couple of players who should be sacked after tonight (Dudson in partic), SW needs to be very careful now what voices he makes.

Full credit to Ryan Hampshire and Matty Smith tonight!!
Don't forget, we're likely to also be losing SW next season too - its mentioned almost as much as Sam's move as being something thats happening.

IL has no problem though, the kids can fill the gap. Hampshire will be coach next season as he will have most experience!

:lol: :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Matthew Saints are not scousers their Woolybacks like you :)
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I wonder whether we have targeted this period as one in which the priority is to freshen up our key players. I cannot think of a player other than Faz who has not had a decent break this year. Maybe they're looking at the season and consider this run of league games to be the least important time to be winning.
I think the mentality was simply to get through this game and onto the week end. Having to play a fired up and well rested Saints team the Monday before the semi was always going to be the shortest of short straws.
Am annoyed, as despite everything we could still have got at least a draw, but not particularly worried. I thought the problem for the last couple of years (including Madge's second season) was a gradual tailing off of performance. I am no expert in conditioning, but I am guessing that our staff know how long any player can sustain an excellent level of performance. It would not surprise me at all if we were planning to peak for hopefully a 5 game period starting with Wembley. With the gift of the easiest draw imaginable, we still have everything to play for.