Hock !!!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Nezza Faz

Hock !!!

Post by Nezza Faz »

Rumour only - must be clear about that. But "heard" he's in trouble again (possibly police action) and that he's fallen out with Dennis Betts. And Parramatta looking to cancel his contract.

The saga continues, if any background to all of this. Or if anyone knows anything more ?

keptinthedarkfans

Re: Hock !!!

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Nezza Faz wrote:Rumour only - must be clear about that. But "heard" he's in trouble again (possibly police action) and that he's fallen out with Dennis Betts. And Parramatta looking to cancel his contract.

The saga continues, if any background to all of this. Or if anyone knows anything more ?
APOLOGY TO NEZZA FAZ I have removed my reply and apologise for the manner in the way I answered your post.There is nothing wrong in you posting this. It is after all a rumour thread and you where simply asking for background. I will not go into the reason I flew off the handle. I just feel this is a troubled lad that needs help and support not sledging as this post will no doubt lead to.Everyone is entitled to there opinion of Gaz.I find him a friendly caring lad who loves the game .on a playing front imo with the right support could have been a RL great.
keptinthedarkfans

Just one more thing I will not be baited and will not comment on This Hock thread any more.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

No reason for me to want to "bash" Hock in any way !

Just been speaking to someone connected to the Widnes club, who detailed an incident he's been involved in, which has caused friction with Betts.

So just posted this rumour to see if anyone else had more info and on why the possible "no-show" now at the Eels ?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Such a shame he acts like such an idiot.
He's clearly a major talent. In the top bracket of players in the world imo. If he had good discipline, he would be a world beater. Big if though. Same with Micky Macc imo too
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:Rumour only - must be clear about that. But "heard" he's in trouble again (possibly police action) and that he's fallen out with Dennis Betts. And Parramatta looking to cancel his contract.

Well I know that he is not in any trouble that would involve police.(except as a witness in a ongoing case) Also HE wants Parramatta to cancel deal not the other way round Your post starts IN TROUBLE AGAIN. please enlighten us on what trouble he has been in that warranted police action in the past.CUE here we go again more Hock bashing without facts. :conf:
I have enjoyed reading your posts recently, but your above comment is exactly the reason why I don't bother posting in the rumour mill, and I don't like commenting on other rumour posts. It's a rumour mill! It's a bit of fun half the time, whether it's blatantly made up or has an element of truth who knows, but to shoot people down, and in my opinion attempt to belittle them just puts people off posting.
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

As for the 'Cue the Hock Bashing', my personal view as a Wigan fan is that I don't see the need to 'bash' Hock. Very good player, but he doesn't play for the club I support, doesn't play against the club I support, very shortly will not be any part of the club I support, and I dare say will play no part for the country I support at the World Cup.
markill

Post by markill »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:

Well I know that he is not in any trouble that would involve police.(except as a witness in a ongoing case) Also HE wants Parramatta to cancel deal not the other way round Your post starts IN TROUBLE AGAIN. please enlighten us on what trouble he has been in that warranted police action in the past.CUE here we go again more Hock bashing without facts. :conf:
the opening post says "in trouble again" and then suggests there may be police involvement with this new incident that we don't seem any the wiser on, not "in trouble with the police again" - I think if you're going to jump down on someone for suggesting they may have heard a new rumour, you should be reasonable with any response.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
keptinthedarkfans

APOLOGY TO NEZZA FAZ I have removed my reply and apologise for the manner in the way I answered your post.There is nothing wrong in you posting this. It is after all a rumour thread and you where simply asking for background. I will not go into the reason I flew off the handle. I just feel this is a troubled lad that needs help and support not sledging as this post will no doubt lead to.Everyone is entitled to there opinion of Gaz.I find him a friendly caring lad who loves the game .on a playing front imo with the right support could have been a RL great.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Many 'true geniuses' live life on the edge, that is ultimately what makes them a genius. George Best, Eric Cantona, Paul Gascoigne, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Mike Tyson, Diego Maradona, Ayrton Senna etc. to name a few, the list goes on. All of them were amazingly talented and skilled and no doubt their ability level was on a genius level because they lack inhibitions and fear, therefore they reach levels other talented sportspeople can only dream of. No doubt they all have had support at one time in their life but was it enough, probably not! Was it because people didn't care enough to support or was it because they were that 'out there' that them accepting support was seen as a weakness to them!! I am not saying Gareth Hock is at the overall sporting level of the above names but in my opinion he COULD have been a RL genius similar to a certain Ellery Hanley, is he not due to lack of support? Who knows? Is he not because he has similar characteristics to the above sportspeople? Maybe!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett