What do we do as a loyal bunch of fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Re: What do we do as a loy...

Post by damien morrissey »

I stand corrected on this one and owe ML an apology he wasnt guilty of this one.Goodway was poor and ML got that one right dont say that much these days.So do you think monie and maurice could function together again? What a brains trust that is Monie and Bennett together thank god the aussies didnt unleash them two on us.
AncientWarrior

Re: What do we do as a loy...

Post by AncientWarrior »

Doveoverdave posted:
AncientWarrior posted:
My answer to this very good question, Damien, is be patient.

I don't think anyone will argue that the team has been stripped of experience and ability this season but it is my contention that the team in the 'Farrell' era (for want of a better phrase) was not particularly successful. One Grand Final win and one Challenge Cup win is not the level of success that I (and I'm sure every other Wigan supporter) would aspire to and so I prefer not to mourn its passing but to look forward to its replacement.

In saying that and to come to the point of this post, I don't think we can expect an instant success from any new players who may arrive in the weeks and months to come. Some will succeed whilst others will themselves need to be replaced. Great teams do not happen overnight but evolve over 2, 3 or even 4 seasons.

If you keep long term excellence as a goal and everyone at the club is committed to this, then what happens in the short term can be put up with.

If a thing is worth having, it's worth waiting for.
Rubbish!
Tell this to the Saints fans who have enjoyed and are contining to enjoy a decade of success in SL.
Rubbish yourself!!!

Do you think that the Saints team happened overnight? Eric Hughes put together the makings of this team many years ago. Ellery Hanley inheritied the team and taught it how to tackle thus conceding fewer tries than it scored and Ian Millward took the team on to greater success.

It didn't happen overnight.

I remember crowds of 6 - 7,000 at St Helens as a matter of course during those early years.

As far as Leeds is concerned, the club has spent more cash on iffy players than any other Super League team over the years before the current successful team arrived on the scene.

I think that you are a very negative person. Look at what the Wigan club is trying to do and support your team!!
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.