Tom Lineham

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: Tom Lineham

Post by thegimble »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:But no one can kick goals like Ah Van, he would have been a decent replacement for Pat, with the right training and conditioning he could have been a beast for us, shame he signed a new contract with Widnes :angry:
Correct, and should not be judged on the strength of playing for Widnes.
Thats is the biggest problem when we sign a player people look at them from the perspective of what they have seen especially against us.

Look at Ben Flower most moaned we signed him and he was not good enough. A point i tend to agree with but people like Wane and other coaches sees the potential we do not.

Ah Van would be a decent signing but he is not in Pats class but then again if you told some on here that Pat would turn into the best all round winger and MOS winner they would have laughed at you.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:But no one can kick goals like Ah Van, he would have been a decent replacement for Pat, with the right training and conditioning he could have been a beast for us, shame he signed a new contract with Widnes :angry:
He was just as sh!t at Bradford and I don't see NRL clubs banging on his door.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wes wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Prove it :exc:
Wes

Post by Wes »

medlocke wrote:
Wes wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Correct, and should not be judged on the strength of playing for Widnes.
Prove it :exc:
Bradford didn't want to extend his stay and only Widnes come in for him, both very mediocre clubs.

Done.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

If we're gonna poach a kicker from Widnes, I'd have Jack Owens. I'm sure our coaching staff could develop him into a decent player!!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

thegimble wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Thats is the biggest problem when we sign a player people look at them from the perspective of what they have seen especially against us.

Look at Ben Flower most moaned we signed him and he was not good enough. A point i tend to agree with but people like Wane and other coaches sees the potential we do not.

Ah Van would be a decent signing but he is not in Pats class but then again if you told some on here that Pat would turn into the best all round winger and MOS winner they would have laughed at you.
A good point re Ben Flower, but umnfortunately not so with Pat: in 2005 he scored 26 tries in 39 games for Wests, including one in the NRL Grand Final.
Back to Ah Van - nothing for the coaches to see, he really is a crapper :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Ah Van isnt a top goal kicker never mind winger. A backwards step if wigan sign him. Youth wingers with charnley kicking is better than spending money on a second rate winger. Not in wigans class.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

After Joe Burgess's performance last night, all bets are off. He did very very well and will only get better. Why sign someone when we've got a player at the club already. We have proved time and time again how Academy players can be stars.

Sam
Mickey Mac
H
Joel
Josh
Farrell
Lockers
Moose
Hock (accepting all the issues that go with him)
etc
etc
etc.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Medlocke is winding you up. He did the same Ah Van wind up on RLFans
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:Medlocke is winding you up. He did the same Ah Van wind up on RLFans
:eusa11: :lol: