Lauaki

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Lauaki

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I think Taylor will be awesome in a few years along with Flower and I too was surprised with Lauaki tonight thought he did well!! Dudson and Crosby need to up there game and I didn't think Mossop was that bad at all. For me CC Cup final should be Mossop, Taylor, Flower and Lauaki.
I would agree with that.

Barring injuries of course, Mossop, Flower and Taylor are definite, the fourth prop spot will be between Crosby/Lauki and Dudson and after last nights performance then Lauki has a definite intention to try and get that spot in the squad. Played well last night, one of our better forwards along with double
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Lauaki has improved as a player at Wigan under Wane and is the type of rough handful that Wigan has been missing in the front row for a long time.

As for Mossop, he seems to be just waiting to go down under.
markill

Post by markill »

God wrote:I thought Lauaki had a good game, but I felt he played too wide tonight. Through the middle he made the yards but when the move went wide he started to tire I felt.

When he was on Taylor was our best prop tonight I thought.

Moose was poor and Crosby seems to have lost a bit of aggression I feel.
He came back on in the back row late on didn't he? Maybe thats why he looked too wide.

A few big hits and tough hit ups that the fans will remember. I reckon thats why people think he stood out. He was really pushing for a Wembley spot though.

Crosby only got about 25 minutes didn't he? I'm not sure what he did wrong but he hasn't been at his best in his last couple of appearances. You'd think they way players have been going Mossop, Flower & Taylor are in final squad and the other three are fighting for 4th place.

Mossop missed a couple of tackles in the second half, but I thought he was as good as anyone in the first half. I'm sure the numbers will show he had a solid game, he normally does, but isn't spectacular with offloads or massive collisions that fans don't realise how much work he gets through every week
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Lauaki was really effective while he was on. He hit it up well and was hard in the tackle; I can't see how anyone can be critical of his performance against HKR. My one criticism of Mossop is he always turns in the tackle and lands on his back, he very rarely lands on his front allowing for quick plays.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Thought Luaki played pretty good, scott taylor was very effective,yet he should be hyped up against his previous club. Moose and Dom weren't at their best tonight and I think ben flower is a first choice for the final if fit.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Interesting thread.

People will see what they want to see. How can anyone say he was poor last night. He was better than most of our forwards last night and his aggression after the shoulder charge on him swung some momentum our way.

Mossop once again is disapearing in games he did this last season at the same time roughly. Difference now is if he continues he is the prop i would drop for the final.

Flower, Crosby, Taylor are ahead of him for me on current form. And if Lauaki improves over the next 2 weeks and Dudson Mossop may well find himself sweating on a bench spot for the final.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mossop has not been the same player since the news of his move to Oz.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Mossop has not been the same player since the news of his move to Oz.
Have to agree with you he's been a shadow of player before move.
markill

Post by markill »

I think people make up what they want to make up to suit what they are thinking.

On average he makes the same amount of metres since the move was announced and barely fewer tackles per game. He misses slightly more tackles but carries the ball the almost same amount of times and makes slightly more yards per carry.

I think tackles, missed tackles, carries and yards per carry all tell you something about the effort a player (particularly a prop) is putting into games. There hasn't been a drop off since it was announced he was moving in my opinion.

His worst game was Saints away and that is probably in the front of our minds.

Lauaki can do spectacular things Mossop doesn't do. Lauaki was good on Friday particularly in his first stint. He was playing for a cup final place and if he keeps up he'll get it for sure
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Lauaki at times does attempt to off load the ball in the tackle. Something which is sadly lacking these day's with many Props who just drive in, take the tackle and just go to ground.

Better player this season under Wane's coaching.