Muppetry AGAIN!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

Muppetry AGAIN!

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Couldn't get to the game last night so watched it on the TV and had to suffer Eddie and Stevo again.
Now I do think Sky have some good RL people. Jon Wells for one is very eloquent and Terry and Barrie offer a little light heartedness (if you will) but Eddie and Stevo have to go!
I know this has been said a gazillion times before but for some reason, last night irritated me more than most.
They went on and on and on about how HKR were robbed when it really wasn't that simple.
Nothing was said about Dobson's try, which for me was an obstruction to put him through the gap and despite the fact that they were miles away from it, their forward pass which led to our try was the main talking point.
Yeah okay Charnley's try never was in a million years but the one he scored later that was disallowed was perfectly fine and for me was only disallowed to make up for the cock up he'd made on the previous decision.

But E&S are there to commentate on the game but their stock delivery now is to analyse every single refereeing decision to the n'th degree to the point where they can still be talking about a decision 5 minutes later when the game's moved on. Eddie actually said to Sandercock in extra time that they 'were robbed'. No Eddie!!! No they weren't. It's just that you have made that decision despite the actual evidence to create controversy which isn't really there.
The sooner they give the commentary job to Rod Studd the better. E&S are now a parody of themselves and are way out of date. Please Sky…..PLEASE get rid of them!!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
old hooker

Re: Muppetry AGAIN!

Post by old hooker »

Kiwiseddon wrote:Couldn't get to the game last night so watched it on the TV and had to suffer Eddie and Stevo again.
Now I do think Sky have some good RL people. Jon Wells for one is very eloquent and Terry and Barrie offer a little light heartedness (if you will) but Eddie and Stevo have to go!
I know this has been said a gazillion times before but for some reason, last night irritated me more than most.
They went on and on and on about how HKR were robbed when it really wasn't that simple.
Nothing was said about Dobson's try, which for me was an obstruction to put him through the gap and despite the fact that they were miles away from it, their forward pass which led to our try was the main talking point.
Yeah okay Charnley's try never was in a million years but the one he scored later that was disallowed was perfectly fine and for me was only disallowed to make up for the cock up he'd made on the previous decision.

Could not agree more

But E&S are there to commentate on the game but their stock delivery now is to analyse every single refereeing decision to the n'th degree to the point where they can still be talking about a decision 5 minutes later when the game's moved on. Eddie actually said to Sandercock in extra time that they 'were robbed'. No Eddie!!! No they weren't. It's just that you have made that decision despite the actual evidence to create controversy which isn't really there.
The sooner they give the commentary job to Rod Studd the better. E&S are now a parody of themselves and are way out of date. Please Sky…..PLEASE get rid of them!!!
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Backed out of sky sports last year so not seeing the boys this. Unlikely to go back while this pair are there. They destroy any visual atmosphere. Have premier so following NRL.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

You are bang on about them MUPPETS commentating get rid of them,Charnleys second try was never a try in a million years but i am glad he gave it, the one not given was a try,he did not give it because he cocked up on the other one,but Wigan where poor last night,they will have to start playing like they did early on in the season if they are going to win any thing.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

My biggest bugbear is the camera leaving the action to look at a coach or someone in the crowd. And they just love to show off their expertise by going back to any incident that someone passes comment upon. Last night we missed the yellow card incident because they were showing a replay of nothing.

STAY ON THE BLOODY GAME!!!
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Kiwiseddon wrote:Couldn't get to the game last night so watched it on the TV and had to suffer Eddie and Stevo again.

I don't normally complain about Eddie & Stevo because I'm just glad that SKY have SL. Watching BBC for the Cup shows how awful their coverage is but Kiwiseddon is spot-on about last night. They simply went on and on and on about HKR deserving to win (which they didn't).

Glad someone else saw that with the Dobson try. H was definitely taken out so couldn't make the tackle that would have stopped Dobson scooting through. And although Silverwood had a pretty inconsistent game (not helped by HKR coming to spoil and not to play) he was right about the forward pass. The pass started about a foot in front of the line and was taken a yard in front of the line. I think that means it's forward!

Hopefully Sky will have a quiet word with them and also tell them to stop banging on about Burrow and Sinfield. Burrow is a busted flush these days and Sinfield was never International class - certainly nowhere near as good as Lockers.

At least I can watch the Final live at Wembley and not have to suffer Ray French.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I hate the same phrases they trot out each game.

Last night I was cringing with Hemmings continual use of the phrase "rounds of the kitchen". There was another one that Stevo used that thankfully I have forgotten as the beer and red wine kicked in.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

East Stand Faithful wrote:I hate the same phrases they trot out each game.

Last night I was cringing with Hemmings continual use of the phrase "rounds of the kitchen". There was another one that Stevo used that thankfully I have forgotten as the beer and red wine kicked in.
Stevo's favourite is 'he's got away with it'. He's got to throw that in every 3 or 4 minutes.

The commentary on the Aussie games on premiere sports is far superior to the drivel spouted by the chuckle brothers on sky. They don't endlessly replay incidents to second guess the referees', they just get on with it and comment on the game without the nonsense. In fact, the more I watch the officiating of the Aussie games, the more I'm convinced their whole way of doing things is much better than ours.
BriH

Post by BriH »

I've got in a bit late, but I agree with everything that has been said about E&S.
In the build up to the game they talked almost exclusively about the absence of Sam and how Wigan lose games when he is not playing.
After that, their bias, 'anti Wigan', was so bad I had to turn down the sound off.
The post-match interview with Sandercock was appalling. Eddie was virtually telling him he was robbed!
Not a mention of Josh's 'disallowed' try, which I thought was OK.
The video ref should have had a look at their crash-over try. I thought he lost possession.
What can we do about these Muppets? I wrote to the Head of Sky Sports and thinks they are great!!
I feel very aggrieved and angry that I have to suffer this when I pay a lot of money to watch Sky.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Just been complaining to a friend about this. As the OP says, the try awarded was just on the line but Charnley clearly got downward pressure without separation for the one that wasn't given.

If you can't be unbiased, or is it all down to stupidity, then you should not be in the job. Worst hatchet job on a Wigan win since the clueless Claire Balding after the 2011 Challenge Cup Final win - 'How must it feel being Leeds knowing you've been cheated?' Stick to the horses, you know something about those.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)