The reason for our downfall

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: The reason for our dow...

Post by DaveO »

warriors2005 posted:
Dave,

honouring his contract is something they have to do.
Well I have a contract with my company that says until I retire at age 60 but if I am not capable of doing the job any more I know for a fact they would not pay my salary for that long.

In fact one of the senioe people here had a brain tumour a few years ago and despite recovering from that was not fit to return to work. The result was she and the company parted ways. The same will be true for Mike Greg. Wigan can't be expected to pay him any longer than his contract given it was a two year deal.

From what I have heard ther have been many lies spread around by the two about Mikes actual illness, so don't believe evrything you read.
As others have said where is the denial that he has motor-neurone disease? That came out fairly recently and was all over the place. Prior to that it was speculated he had some form of tropical disease but the motor-neurone information seemed concrete to me.

Anyone remeber where it came from?
They have appointed someonein Mikes position without notifying him. Mike has to agree to being joint coach and this has not happened which makes it illegal.
So you are saying Millwards appointment is illegal? If it were it would never have happened. DW isn't a top businessman for nothing and he isn't that stupid. It owuld be all over the press if MIllwards appointment was illegal.
If you knew any of Mikes friends like I do you would know a lot more. I can't say most of the things I know, but if it all comes out, Doris and Whelan will be in for some serious stick.
I will remain sceptical of wrong doing over this by DW am ML until something from Mike directly or from his legal representative comes out.

You say you know some friends of Mike which is fair enough but are you sure they really have the inside track?

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

warriors posted:
It is due to the players being injured, loseing players, and signing a crap player MORON. But hopefully next season if we do sign at player, the games might change an we are bac up to the top. Hopefully we dont get rejected. Witch i no that we want.

It will be abit coz of the coach. But ha millward might be a good coach, we will have to find out and just wait.
You try playing behind a thouroughly beaten pack week after week and run around the pitch looking for runners who are not there, the ooposition defences know he has no runners so they just target him, its easy to read, you can see hes trying, but things just arent going right for him no matter what he tries, if our forwards would lay a platform and get teams on the back foot and his teamates actually tried hitting gaps and making dummy runs you would see a different player, but until then hes left to try everything on his own, and as you can see it doesnt work.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

if the position was not so serious i would laugh.in earlier posts it was stated that whellan should keep his nose out of rugby// now he is being blamed because he is being accused of neglecting us[what do we want]the present situation is the players we have are NOT GOOD ENOUGH and there is only one man resposible :wink: every club gets injuries but are able to make provision for it.you do NOT put ALL your eggs in one basket :blush:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

oldtimer posted:
in earlier posts it was stated that whellan should keep his nose out of rugby// now he is being blamed because he is being accused of neglecting us[what do we want]
You've lost me here. Who has said Whelan is neglecting us? Some people have said Whelan should keep out, and some of us have said that we'd have been stuck without him, but I've not seen anyone complain that he hasn't been involved enough, unless you're saying that he's at fault for leaving ML to run the club?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

whealan is supposed to be giving wigan warriors 3 million pounds next season and we can all see wigan have started to recruit nice and early. he is a business man and an investment of 3 million is a good investment. while we are playing some of the worst rugby i can remember our support has grown year on year.so what will happen with a little bit of success! on the mike gregory front im afraid he just could not manage a team in his current health. he is a really nice guy but the strain of trying to manage a team would only make things worse for him.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart