Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
RobWigan

Re: Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Post by RobWigan »

And i also think once once Anthony Gelling gets the starting centre sport ahead of Thornley he will be outstanding, so for next season we only need IMO a world class quality winger
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Gelling needs to keep hold of the ball first, looks good at times but knocks on too often
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

start him all the time instead of interchanging with Thornley then his confidence will be there
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Gelling is more Paul Koloi than Kevin Iro.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

RobWigan wrote:Hahahah Nezza Faz we will be nowhere near relegation, what made you say this? Props fot next season will be Hopkins, Lauaki,Taylor, Crosby, Dudson, and Eddy Pettybourne , do you not think this is good enough?
Ok Rob, just stretching a point there, tbh :o

Still think we need an enforcer-type prop for next year.
Hopkins - I don't think he'll be ready for week on week SL: at the moment he's unproven at this level.
Lauaki - unlikely to be a regular in the side due to a succession of injuries, and his apparent failure to recover from these quickly. When he plays regularly, he's an asset to the side though, adding bulk and go-forward we need.
Taylor - I do expect him to be a considerable force next year if he continues on with his rapid improvement.
Crosby - Not sure. Was going really well, but again a youngster who playing weekly may have taken a toll on him at this stage of the season. Think an off season and can come back again stronger and more experienced.
Dudson - Similar to Crosby re injury/experience - a good off season and a big unit who can hold his own with top props, as he proved earlier this season showing great form.
Pettybourne - unproven in that it often takes imports at least a year to settle down to the game/culture in the UK. Not sure he's played much First Grade in the last couple or so years.

So there's some question marks there, certainly in the depth of strength, and quite often these days you see 4 forwards on the bench, which has been a worry on occasions e.g. Cas, Bradford, Wolves.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Nezza Faz wrote:
RobWigan wrote:Hahahah Nezza Faz we will be nowhere near relegation, what made you say this? Props fot next season will be Hopkins, Lauaki,Taylor, Crosby, Dudson, and Eddy Pettybourne , do you not think this is good enough?
Ok Rob, just stretching a point there, tbh :o

Still think we need an enforcer-type prop for next year.
Hopkins - I don't think he'll be ready for week on week SL: at the moment he's unproven at this level.
Lauaki - unlikely to be a regular in the side due to a succession of injuries, and his apparent failure to recover from these quickly. When he plays regularly, he's an asset to the side though, adding bulk and go-forward we need.
Taylor - I do expect him to be a considerable force next year if he continues on with his rapid improvement.
Crosby - Not sure. Was going really well, but again a youngster who playing weekly may have taken a toll on him at this stage of the season. Think an off season and can come back again stronger and more experienced.
Dudson - Similar to Crosby re injury/experience - a good off season and a big unit who can hold his own with top props, as he proved earlier this season showing great form.
Pettybourne - unproven in that it often takes imports at least a year to settle down to the game/culture in the UK. Not sure he's played much First Grade in the last couple or so years.

So there's some question marks there, certainly in the depth of strength, and quite often these days you see 4 forwards on the bench, which has been a worry on occasions e.g. Cas, Bradford, Wolves.
You have missed off Flower and spencer as a back up.

Hopkins - we will have to wait and see. If he as the same impact as Hill (wire) and Walmsey (saints) did in their 1st season i will be happy.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Actually, Wiggy, missed out Powell as well :o

Not sure what comment to make, other than he won't be fully ready even with a good off-season behind him.
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

I honestly doubt anymore forwards will be added to the squad, i can honestly see Gelling being a starter next season so definently need a winger and thats all i would add
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

I honestly doubt anymore forwards will be added to the squad, i can honestly see Gelling being a starter next season so definently need a winger and thats all i would add
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I'm still fairly of the opinion we need a class centre - he can make the difference to the whole backline performing consistently, a la George Carmont.