H

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Re: H

Post by Kittwazzer »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Being reported in the Daily Star to have signed for Salford!

It is only the Star and it's RL reporting has been a little "dodgy" over the last few years
And Salford yesterday confirmed the capture of St Helens forward Francis Meli, 34, on a one-year deal.

They are also expected to announce the signings of Rangi Chase, Harrison Hansen and Scott Moore in the next few weeks.
Note: Meli being described as a forward lmao

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby/view/3 ... oing-fine/
After the Minichielo debacle, I'm reluctant to believe anything in any paper!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Nezza Faz wrote:
cpwigan wrote:A testimonial may be a sticking point. IL does not like players having testimonials. Prior to signing his last contract Lockers was offered 5K to wave his right to a testimonial. Lockers refused on principle not monetary gain.
Why CP, what's the reasoning against his rewarding players with a history of loyal service ?

Or would he say he's already been paid well for doing his job, anyway ?
I do believe that testimonials should be given for players who's careers have been cut short. Hansen has been paid and will more than likely be employed by us or another club for 4-5 years minimum if he stays fit. I do understand the reasoning by giving a long term player a reward but with so many players getting their careers cut short i do believe that giving them testimonial should be a priority.

Though tbh if IL does not give Hansen a better contract then i will really start to believe that he is just getting rid of high earners to cut the wage bill. Hansen is in the top 4 second rows over the last 2 years in Super League.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Being reported in the Daily Star to have signed for Salford!

It is only the Star and it's RL reporting has been a little "dodgy" over the last few years
And Salford yesterday confirmed the capture of St Helens forward Francis Meli, 34, on a one-year deal.

They are also expected to announce the signings of Rangi Chase, Harrison Hansen and Scott Moore in the next few weeks.

Chase will not get a working permit in the UK if he leaves Cas. Seems they are doing their research on forums along with WEP.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

thegimble wrote:

Chase will not get a working permit in the UK if he leaves Cas. Seems they are doing their research on forums along with WEP.
Someone on RedVee claimed that Chase's conviction is now 'spent' although I'm not convinced it will make a difference!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Told that H will definitely be a Wigan player next year! :)
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Kittwazzer wrote:Told that H will definitely be a Wigan player next year! :)
Great news!

Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

If that's the case, then that's a big bonus having him around that pack again, as he's become a better all round player and added to his physique, making him more dangerous taking extra toll on the opposition.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I wonder who told you that. :wink:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

No straw damn us wrote:
I wonder who told you that. :wink:
Probably you! :lol: