Warriors Train with Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Train with Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

here were some different faces at Wigan's training ground on Monday and Tuesday of this week as Rugby Union side Glasgow Warriors spent time with the Wigan Warriors Coaching Staff and Players.

Glasgow are in the early stages of their preparations for their season which gets underway in 4 or 5 weeks time and the trip to the Wigan Laundry Company Community Stadium saw the two sides share both gym and field sessions.

The trip was arranged through Wigan Warriors Director of Performance Mark Bitcon who has previously worked with the Scotland International Rugby Union side.

Speaking about the visit of Glasgow, Wigan Warriors Head Coach Shaun Wane said,

"Mark has a relationship with their Head Coach Gregor Townsend and I know him quite well as well and it was an opportunity for both sides to try and learn something off each other.

"We were looking to see if there is any cross over which there is, we have just had a field session with them, they are a nice bunch of people and we are always wanting to learn and I have learnt a few things and I am all for that."

Look out for more about the visit over the next couple of days on Wigan TV www.wiganwarriors.com/tv

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
trotski_tgwu

Re: Warriors Train with Warriors

Post by trotski_tgwu »

josie andrews wrote:here were some different faces at Wigan's training ground on Monday and Tuesday of this week as Rugby Union side Glasgow Warriors spent time with the Wigan Warriors Coaching Staff and Players.

Glasgow are in the early stages of their preparations for their season which gets underway in 4 or 5 weeks time and the trip to the Wigan Laundry Company Community Stadium saw the two sides share both gym and field sessions.

The trip was arranged through Wigan Warriors Director of Performance Mark Bitcon who has previously worked with the Scotland International Rugby Union side.

Speaking about the visit of Glasgow, Wigan Warriors Head Coach Shaun Wane said,

"Mark has a relationship with their Head Coach Gregor Townsend and I know him quite well as well and it was an opportunity for both sides to try and learn something off each other.

"We were looking to see if there is any cross over which there is, we have just had a field session with them, they are a nice bunch of people and we are always wanting to learn and I have learnt a few things and I am all for that."

Look out for more about the visit over the next couple of days on Wigan TV www.wiganwarriors.com/tv

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
They have a great wee player by the name of Matawala who would be great for us faster that Sam with a gd head for reading the game 3 plays in advance

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx