SHOULD WE PAY FULL PRICE MONEY FOR A HALF PRICE TEAM

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: SHOULD WE PAY FULL PRICE MONEY FOR A HALF PRICE TEAM

Post by No straw damn us »

thegimble wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
thegimble wrote:
I find is suspicious that the same player cried off 2 weeks running. I do not think Tomkins is injured. SOL i would not have risked with his injury and give it an extra week to sort out. Flower and Smith i have no idea if they are injured or not. Regardless of who is in charge of fitness or Doctors for a player to train all week and the week before and not to play sounds dodgy.

And no i do not believe everything i am told by the club. As if they came out and said on Wednesday we are resting Tomkins, Sol it owuld have had an impact on attendance. As some players you will pay to watch and Tomkins does draw the kids in which takes a parent in as well.
So you have no idea if they were injured or not? Smith was precautionary (on doctors advice, could have played with an injection), Flower only managed 18 minutes in the semi. Sam was playing up until late afternoon, but again wasn't risked on medical advice, he too could have played with an injection. Those are the facts not your dodgy theory.
So you believe everything your are told. So you think that Sam is still staying with us next season as he says he has not signed a contract for the NRL.
I don't think that Sam will be here next year, but what I posted is true, not conspiracy.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

No straw damn us wrote:
thegimble wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: So you have no idea if they were injured or not? Smith was precautionary (on doctors advice, could have played with an injection), Flower only managed 18 minutes in the semi. Sam was playing up until late afternoon, but again wasn't risked on medical advice, he too could have played with an injection. Those are the facts not your dodgy theory.
So you believe everything your are told. So you think that Sam is still staying with us next season as he says he has not signed a contract for the NRL.
I don't think that Sam will be here next year, but what I posted is true, not conspiracy.
Fair Enough
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

CP I agree 100% I've said it before on this forum the RFL have completley under mined the ll shield CHAMPIONSHIP to me at least. people who agree are now calling it 'the Hub Cap' :exc:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

devon jim 1 wrote:CP I agree 100% I've said it before on this forum the RFL have completley under mined the ll shield CHAMPIONSHIP to me at least. people who agree are now calling it 'the Hub Cap' :exc:
Just an idea but what if the World Club challenge was contested by the top 2 teams in the NRL and SL according to the League Table and not on the winner of the Grand Final.

Put a fat bonus for the team winning the World Club Challenge and that would not count on the cap. So at least players and coaches could take finishing top with a bit more importance than it is now.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
mario wrote:Resting players has become a joke, along with the league!
Why not skip straight to the plays offs, because the league is becoming like a series of friendlies, where the result doesn't matter.
The RFL need to make some real importance on position and moving back to only five in the play offs would do this.
You don't need to pay full price to watch, it was on TV!

Don't pay good money to watch a game that Wigan don't care if they win or lose.
Friday should have been a showcase, it was a good game despite, but wasn't a true contest, but as long as fans keep paying to see games that are seen as worthless, then wigan will continue to field a weak team.
Pick your games, rather than get a season ticket and use the money you save to watch the challenge cup and play off games, when you know we won't be throwing the games.
Exactly, the present top eight format is to blame as it allows clubs to treat supporters in this cavalier way. With the top five clubs have to play their strongest teams as much as possible, barring genuine injuries and suspensions.

How can you get more intensity in the game if you are making it easier for clubs to rotate their squads and at times field weaker teams.
MORE and more fans are waking up to this reality. Too many games are meaningless. If we had a championship rather than a play off OR at the very least allowed the LL direct passage / much easier passage to a GF then you may see a different, better League.
I agree with cp and others that the real issue here is the league structure which encourages teams to take it easy and prepare for "the business end of the season" as Sky call it. [There's no point bickering about who may or may not be genuinely injured, as Monty Python would say.] I live in Leeds and Rhinos fans, esp season ticket holders, have woken up to this in the past year or two.

I also agree that we should revert to the top 5 playoff which gives greater rewards to teams who finish higher. I'd add that a more competitive league would also discourage the current slack approach - I'd go for a SL of 10 teams who play each other 3 times, giving 27 games (13 home, 13 away, 1 Magic Weekend.) We don't produce enough players to have a 14 or even 12 team league that's competitive. This could mean a 40% increase per club in Sky money, and a Championship (on current league placings) of Widnes, Cas, Halifax, Leigh etc - a much better grounding for young players.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

superleague wrote:Sounds like No Straw is on the Wigan medical team :wink:
No. He isn't, but if he posts something you can take it as read else he wouldn't post.

As my old Lomera Green grandad would have said, "He knows t'tale and t'tale's fayther!" :lol:
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

FACT.... All the players injured against Huddersfield were fit enough to play

FACT..... If it was the Wembley game they would have played

FACT..... It was not seemed important enough to Wigan to allow them to play

FACT..... Wigan have decided they can win the grand final by NOT being top of he league

FACT.... They would like to win every game they play.

Have you heard the saying... You pays your money and you takes your chance.......

Well you certainly pays your money and the club are taking their chances with it!

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

morley pie eater wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Exactly, the present top eight format is to blame as it allows clubs to treat supporters in this cavalier way. With the top five clubs have to play their strongest teams as much as possible, barring genuine injuries and suspensions.

How can you get more intensity in the game if you are making it easier for clubs to rotate their squads and at times field weaker teams.
MORE and more fans are waking up to this reality. Too many games are meaningless. If we had a championship rather than a play off OR at the very least allowed the LL direct passage / much easier passage to a GF then you may see a different, better League.
I agree with cp and others that the real issue here is the league structure which encourages teams to take it easy and prepare for "the business end of the season" as Sky call it. [There's no point bickering about who may or may not be genuinely injured, as Monty Python would say.] I live in Leeds and Rhinos fans, esp season ticket holders, have woken up to this in the past year or two.

I also agree that we should revert to the top 5 playoff which gives greater rewards to teams who finish higher. I'd add that a more competitive league would also discourage the current slack approach - I'd go for a SL of 10 teams who play each other 3 times, giving 27 games (13 home, 13 away, 1 Magic Weekend.) We don't produce enough players to have a 14 or even 12 team league that's competitive. This could mean a 40% increase per club in Sky money, and a Championship (on current league placings) of Widnes, Cas, Halifax, Leigh etc - a much better grounding for young players.
Totally agree re what Morley has added!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
superleague wrote:Sounds like No Straw is on the Wigan medical team :wink:
No. He isn't, but if he posts something you can take it as read else he wouldn't post.

As my old Lomera Green grandad would have said, "He knows t'tale and t'tale's fayther!" :lol:
Totally agree re What No straw has added and I can vouch for his credentials; Rugby League wise!! The problem is I also agree with somebody else too WW.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan Watcher wrote:FACT.... All the players injured against Huddersfield were fit enough to play

FACT..... If it was the Wembley game they would have played

FACT..... It was not seemed important enough to Wigan to allow them to play

FACT..... Wigan have decided they can win the grand final by NOT being top of he league

FACT.... They would like to win every game they play.

Have you heard the saying... You pays your money and you takes your chance.......

Well you certainly pays your money and the club are taking their chances with it!
Totally agree with this post too!!

RL is a dangerous game to play; you only have to look at the veterans limping out pre-match. Hendy is on a crutch after playing injured for a season. H is currently playing and always will have to with a screwed hand/wrist. Kris Rads should not have played at Murrayfield; Ellery should not have played at Wembley v Saints BUT THEY DID.

I will; add this Wane ball inflicts more niggling knocks and injuries on our players than Madge ball. Sam also gets EXTRAS every tackle AND IMO self preservation has become very important since signing with NZ Warriors.