Michael Shenton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
RobWigan

Michael Shenton

Post by RobWigan »

Apparently Wigan are very interested in bringing him to the club next season, looks good gor Cas, had two bad seasons at Saints but i will forgive him that :)
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Michael Shenton

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

RobWigan wrote:Apparently Wigan are very interested in bringing him to the club next season, looks good gor Cas, had two bad seasons at Saints but i will forgive him that :)
Intersting one that Rob. If true, does that tell us that Wane doesn't think that Thornley and Gelling are good enough/need more time to develop or do we require more experience and cover in the threequarters? Does it indicate that we are looking at Thornley replacing Richards next season? Are the signings of Briscoe and Sarginson pure fantasy? Are more players moving on?

I personaly think that we will need more experience in our ranks next year so I can understand why we would look to sign Shenton. Are we becoming the new Melbourne were we sign 'cast-offs', turn them into good players and mould them into a cracking team?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

RobWigan wrote:Apparently Wigan are very interested in bringing him to the club next season, looks good gor Cas, had two bad seasons at Saints but i will forgive him that :)
Where have you seen this?

In my opinion he is a finished player, and by that I mean he isn't really going to change his stripes now. He had a class team around him at Saints and for England in the past but didn't improve/excel/stand out - we would be getting a solid Super League pro. I'm not sure either/both Thornley and Gelling, who are relatively early in their careers, can't be made to offer us more next year/the year after than Shenton would.

If we went looking for an Cas/former Cas centre then I would say we should enquire at Hull FC as to Arundel's availability - they have 3 first team centres for 2 positions.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Intersting one that Rob. If true, does that tell us that Wane doesn't think that Thornley and Gelling are good enough/need more time to develop or do we require more experience and cover in the threequarters? Does it indicate that we are looking at Thornley replacing Richards next season? Are the signings of Briscoe and Sarginson pure fantasy? Are more players moving on?

I personaly think that we will need more experience in our ranks next year so I can understand why we would look to sign Shenton. Are we becoming the new Melbourne were we sign 'cast-offs', turn them into good players and mould them into a cracking team?
I seem to remember Hemmings saying during the Hull derby that Briscoe was going to widnes.And thinking at the time good he's not coming to us then. :D
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Briscoe is pure class with pace and strength, I wish he was coming to us 100%
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

My opinion is that Michael Shenton as the ability to be brilliant, at Saints something went wrong, Is he wirth the risk?? Maybe but I really like Gellung
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

No doubt came via Twitter, as usual.
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:No doubt came via Twitter, as usual.
Why would it be? I have a friend close to the club , i know i will probably get abuse for it , but it is a rumour mill isnt it?? I am entitled to put a rumour on surely?
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Please no - Shenton did nothing at stains, why would anyone think he would do any better here?

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ddtftf wrote:Briscoe is pure class with pace and strength, I wish he was coming to us 100%
Agreed, with the players coming off the salary cap we should be in a position to match anything that Widnes can throw at him.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards