Re: Warrington resign 11 players.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

God wrote:According to Sky Sports news ( not Twitter) :roll:

Not very often 11 players want to re sign, Wigan should really take a leaf out of there book for player retention.
Judging by the age of many of the team, some are no doubt over the moon that they are still wanted or is it that they cannot attract enough better younger players?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Whelley Warrior wrote:

Not very often 11 players want to re sign, Wigan should really take a leaf out of there book for player retention.
Judging by the age of many of the team, some are no doubt over the moon that they are still wanted or is it that they cannot attract enough better younger players?
Its the NRL cap they can not afford not to sign them now. But it does ask the question of why they can keep most of their decent players over the last 5 years or so together and we can not. Though if Briers was 22 now he would be going to the NRL.

As an owner Wires is far better than IL in keeping his squad together. IL seems resigned to letting them go and hope that the youths come through.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

thegimble wrote:
As an owner Wires is far better than IL in keeping his squad together. IL seems resigned to letting them go and hope that the youths come through.
Different types of businessman where RL is concerned. Leneghan insists the club stays self sufficient, Moran happy to prop Wire up out of what, to him is little more than his arse pocket!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Kittwazzer wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Different types of businessman where RL is concerned. Leneghan insists the club stays self sufficient, Moran happy to prop Wire up out of what, to him is little more than his arse pocket!
So with all the money from the games and TV the is just staying self sufficient. Then begs the question do we make enough to cover the maximum allowance of the cap if not then something is really wrong then if all sides which generates less income than us do. AS no side is supposedly allowed to spend over it. I am not advocating spending silly money.

There is more to our players coming and going than just staying self sufficient. Leeds are not losing any players and the owners of the Rhinos are not Billionaires by any stretch of the imagination. I do think that IL is treating us like a football team rather than a rugby team and is willing to sell a player to buy a worse player and keep costs down.

Joel Weaker now

Mossop Weaker when he leaves is Powell is replacement

Hock Weaker unless Pettybourne plays well.

Finch The Same

Lima The Same Taylor looks a good piece of business

Tommy The Same our kicking game is better. TL was a
good support player and defensively was a monster
for his size.

Richards Weaker are we getting anyone or promoting either
way unless we get Briscoe or NRL winger we wil be
weaker

Sam Weaker unless we get Billy Slater (joke).

Look at what we have in and what we have let go or sold and you will see we are becoming weaker by the year and the hope that the youths replace true greats of the team like SAm or Pat is a real worry.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Is this now a redundant thread after tonight ?

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Gimble, I was merely offering my opinion as to the difference between the respective owners.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Are Wire aiming for 2nd place hoping we will finish 3rd?
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

After tonight they'll need a lot more than the 11
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

thegimble wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

Its the NRL cap they can not afford not to sign them now. But it does ask the question of why they can keep most of their decent players over the last 5 years or so together and we can not. Though if Briers was 22 now he would be going to the NRL.

Warrington would love to do the same, but can't!

And they too get rid of players, King, Morley, Carvell to name just three without checking the records.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Morph wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Gimble, I was merely offering my opinion as to the difference between the respective owners.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!
Go on Kitt, I'll say it!!!!

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! :lol:
About bloody time!!!! :lol: