Sarginson signs for Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Sarginson signs for Wigan

Post by cpwigan »

Announced in League Express, 5 Year contract.
Kittwazzer

Re: Sarginson signs for Wigan

Post by Kittwazzer »

Great news if its true. I can just picture next years season tickets flying off the shelves with signings of this calibre!
markill

Post by markill »

What do people thing his best position will eventually be? I assume we're going to use him as a centre.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He was very highly rated when he first broke through at Fullback IIRC. I may be wrong but originally he was a halfback I think. I thought he was poor v us at centre but that may or may not be the calibre of team he was in.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Not sure of this belongs in rumour mill or not!
Nothing on the official club site, but then again nothing unusual about that!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
markill

Post by markill »

His main strengths seem to be speed off the mark over first 5 yards and he has great footwork. Unfortunately its his defence that needs work and that matches our other left centre options from this season!

I thought he played a bit of fullback after he had broken through playing a bit of stand off and doing well. Mostly played centre though. He is a left side player from what I've seen so could put pressure on Green as well as the centres.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/playe ... tions.html
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Not exactly an awe inspiring signing from what I have seen of him this year.

Hopefully being amongst a higher standard of player will improve him - we'll have to wait and see
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

two years ago he looked as though he would be a top class. He still looks useful but has problems defensively which hopefully Wigan can sort out. He is still very young and reminds me very much of Stefan Ratchford at that age. he will had a lot of utility value, if that's a good thing. We need a left centre from somewhere and quickly.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

markill wrote:His main strengths seem to be speed off the mark over first 5 yards and he has great footwork. Unfortunately its his defence that needs work and that matches our other left centre options from this season!

I thought he played a bit of fullback after he had broken through playing a bit of stand off and doing well. Mostly played centre though. He is a left side player from what I've seen so could put pressure on Green as well as the centres.

You can't beat speed, and speed added to good footwork makes you a very dangerous opponent. Defence is the easiet part of the game to improve.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
markill wrote:His main strengths seem to be speed off the mark over first 5 yards and he has great footwork. Unfortunately its his defence that needs work and that matches our other left centre options from this season!

You can't beat speed, and speed added to good footwork makes you a very dangerous opponent. Defence is the easiet part of the game to improve.
An interesting observation albeit the data is limited (total games) he seemed to be more dangerous as a try scorer from stand off than the outside back positions.