Matty Bowen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Matty Bowen

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaiJones wrote:Why do people assume experienced players are automatically going to be good mentors for junior players?

It might just not be in Bowen's nature to be a teacher.

If he comes it will probably be for a couple of years and he may just enjoy his time here playing the game and then go home. That is it.
I don't think anyone is suggesting he would sit our younger players down in front of a chalkboard and set them modules Dave.
[/quote]

Used to be called blackboards in my day. Then the term was deemed racist!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:Bowen has missed about four games this season, but as you say he was very good yesterday. I would take him on a one, or two year deal, providing we do due diligence on his fitness. He wouldn't have to play every game if he came over and would be a good mentor for the likes of Tierney, Hampshire and Burgess.
Why do people assume experienced players are automatically going to be good mentors for junior players?

If he comes it will probably be for a couple of years and he may just enjoy his time here playing the game and then go home. That is it.
Been thinking that as well Dave. Mentors are not always the oldest players around. Best mentor any FB could have is Rads.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaiJones wrote:Why do people assume experienced players are automatically going to be good mentors for junior players?

I don't think anyone is suggesting he would sit our younger players down in front of a chalkboard and set them modules Dave.
Used to be called blackboards in my day. Then the term was deemed racist![/quote] And rightly so
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

ddtftf wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:

And rightly so
Why Rightly so? A blackboard is black, is it not. Do people not call whiteboards that any more, because it's deemed racist against whites. The whole pc culture has gone mad. It's the colour of an object, not a racist slur, get a grip!!

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Sutty wrote:
ddtftf wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: I don't think anyone is suggesting he would sit our younger players down in front of a chalkboard and set them modules Dave.
And rightly so
Why Rightly so? A blackboard is black, is it not. Do people not call whiteboards that any more, because it's deemed racist against whites. The whole pc culture has gone mad. It's the colour of an object, not a racist slur, get a grip!!
Correct!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Seconded!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thirded :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Fourthded
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Fifth
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sutty wrote:
ddtftf wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: I don't think anyone is suggesting he would sit our younger players down in front of a chalkboard and set them modules Dave.
And rightly so
Sad