Charnley's Tackle

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Charnley's Tackle

Post by yokozuna »

No, I'm not talking about the photo on twitter - of course I'm talking about the chase-back and challenge on the ball to stop Shaul scoring a certain try at a crucial point of the game.

Hull score that, and I think it's a completely different game. One that we might not have won.

Can't think of many more important tackles than that one, and it was definitely the most memorable moment of the match for me.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Kaii

Re: Charnley's Tackle

Post by Kaii »

Not just the tackle but the way he scooped that ball out also, excellent technique
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Match winning tackle in my opinion!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

Think Lockers needs a shout too he chased Hull player into Josh's path ...
Deffo a game turner
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

magsrads wrote:Think Lockers needs a shout too he chased Hull player into Josh's path ...
Deffo a game turner
Don't know about game changer but Charnley started 10 yards behind and not only caught up but forced the ball free, one of the best tackles i have seen. Also agree lockers did well to shunt him over into Josh's path
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I said straight away to my wife that that tackle won us the cup!

Charnley is class. Lets hope we keep him!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

Truly outstanding !! Brilliant defensive play from Charnley
Never say die - its what Wigan is All about

Never expect less (only at the Pound-shop will this happen)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

magsrads wrote:Think Lockers needs a shout too he chased Hull player into Josh's path ...
Well spotted! Very clever play from Lockers.
markill

Post by markill »

It was this game's equivalent of Joel's try against Leeds in 2011 for me.

Watched the game back on BBC already and they were suggesting it could have been a knock on by Charnley or even offside when Lockers picked it up. What should have been said is that is one of the biggest moments you'll see at Wembley. Great effort by Josh and Lockers. Wilkin to his credit said even if the refs decided to give Hull a set down there, it wouldn't matter because the way Wigan were defending meant Hull wouldn't score anyway.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

IMHO That tackle alone should have made Josh the Lance Todd winner. Matty's kicking was great, Lockers and Taylor were awesome, but I think if they had scored then it would have been a very different outcome.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#