Retro Rugby Jersey

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
axxon

Retro Rugby Jersey

Post by axxon »

Can anyone help me locate a retro Wigan rugby jersey 1960s / 1970s? I know they still sell them somewhere as I saw at least two brand new ones at Wembley on Saturday. Classic broad cherry & white hoops, no sponsor name on the front, collar & buttons and long sleeves? Its driving me crazy trying to find one!! God how I wish I would have asked the bloke sat opposite on the train where he got his from!! I blame the Guinness!!
cpwigan

Re: Retro Rugby Jersey

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan RL Shop used to sell them approximately 2 seasons ago. Not sure they still stock them but try there.
axxon

Post by axxon »

Thanks cpwigan, that was my first port of call but no joy, have also tried down under rugby on giglow lane and scoured the internet , again no joy! How can this be with the best and most famous rugby team in the world!!?? Thanks again will keep trying.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

axxon wrote:Thanks cpwigan, that was my first port of call but no joy, have also tried down under rugby on giglow lane and scoured the internet , again no joy! How can this be with the best and most famous rugby team in the world!!?? Thanks again will keep trying.
They simply did not sell in huge numbers so they were discontinued. Try Leigh RLFC, they produced a very similar jersey. Halbro is they still exist, not sure re spelling or Cotton Traders.
axxon

Post by axxon »

ok mate will do, I'll let you [ and everyone else ] know if im successful
markill

Post by markill »

As CP said, they did them through the club shop but don't have them on the website now. However, they do have some based on the 1985 final shirt but with no sponsor - might suit your needs?

http://store.wiganwarriors.com/retro-sh ... white.html
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod