Unlucky lads

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
RobWigan

Re: Unlucky lads

Post by RobWigan »

It is ashame they could not hold on , but to push them close is an achievement, and the future is bright, i do not understand the negativity?
dave_highfive1

Post by dave_highfive1 »

RobWigan wrote:It is ashame they could not hold on , but to push them close is an achievement, and the future is bright, i do not understand the negativity?
Maybe the future is bright for the club (unless talent like ST ends up going abroad again, but that's another issue), but it's what the management do with that talent here and now. That is what is going wrong at the business end of the season, yet again.

Not a problem with what the young lads did tonight.

BUT it is what the management have been doing with our first team players at the business end which will not bode us well.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Think this was one of the best games all season hard luck to the youngsters think some of the first team players should be worried Ryan Hampshire was outstanding hard luck ads
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Yes the clock did stop we were opposite and could see it
JR-07

Post by JR-07 »

I thought these kids deserved a win. Yes, we noticed the clock. Surely there is more than one time keeper, I think we should be watching the 1st team, we have paid to see the 1st team, but proud of the kids, well done!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Unlucky and then some.

I'm loathe to blame the ref and posters will know I don't do it often, but Child had a stinker . At 26-12, his errors gifted Hull position to take advantage of some green field position.

Still, if that's the best Hull could manage with the rub....
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

dave_highfive1 wrote:
RobWigan wrote:It is ashame they could not hold on , but to push them close is an achievement, and the future is bright, i do not understand the negativity?
Maybe the future is bright for the club (unless talent like ST ends up going abroad again, but that's another issue), but it's what the management do with that talent here and now. That is what is going wrong at the business end of the season, yet again.

Not a problem with what the young lads did tonight.

BUT it is what the management have been doing with our first team players at the business end which will not bode us well.
We have two meaningless games against Hull and Leeds, infact it will be better for us to finish 4th
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Gutted but proud. Most enjoyable game at home this season for me.
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

It was an enjoyable match tonight.

The young lads (in fact most of the team) played very well with great effort displayed particularly in the first part of the second half where their accuracy had improved.

Much better to watch than the Huddersfield game and it didn't feel like I was watching a second team.

They deserved a win - some very dubious refereeing decisions and clock time!

captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Dave-highfive1, did you go to the match tonight? If you did you would have seen that the future of our club looks very good. Maybe SW shouldn't have rested so many first teamers, but he did. He is the head coach and he is paid for making those calls. As if you were first team coach you would have that decision, but as you don't appear to be I guess we better stick with SW making the decision until you take over in the post!

Childs had his usually crap match unable to see a player offside if they were wearing a Hull shirt. As for claiming that our players were not standing square at the play the ball, when the Hull player played it to no one was totally wrong. If he didn't see that he got that wrong he might like to try wearing boxing gloves when he goes to bed. This may aid his eyesight!