Unlucky lads

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Unlucky lads

Post by butt monkey »

Kittwazzer wrote:
KOOCH wrote:
dave_highfive1 wrote:
Irrelevant of form????

That's my whole point.

I had people who do and don't watch rugby coming up to me and still say Wigan weren't convincing in the cup win.

Compare this with our form earlier in the season when we were practically destroying teams.

We'll see in the playoffs.
*u**ing half wit!who let you out without a parent? Of course we did not win the cc convincingly because it was pi**ng down.we cannot be expeced to nil every team we play nor can we expect to put 60-70 points on every team that's why it's called rugby league and not bloody cricket.I would expect people to discuss how dire in comparison this years cc was as opposed to previous finals but do you honestly think right minded folk are going to seek you out just so they can voice an opinion on the cc win.Seriously you do not expect me to believe that people think your some rugby guru not on the evidence of your post.

Do me a favour and stick to licking stamps.
Or windows!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The clock stopped for a couple of minutes at 5.03 but when it came back on it was at 4.49 and had IMO had a bearing on the final result.

Having said that Wigan should never have tried to drop goal straight from the scrum as the Hull defence was organised. Instead they should have driven the ball for a tackle or so and created more space for the drop goal. By the time play would have been restarted, Hull would have had no time to win the game.

But the youngsters will learn!

p.s. Childs also did his bit to help save Hull from being completely embarrassed.

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Good performance with plenty of promise on display. Why does it take a young team of homegrown players to fire the crowd up?

On a positive note, Hull can now finish above Saints. In fact if Hull, HKR and Cats win their remaining matches then Saints will finish 8th!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wane is such a bad coach that:
(1) he gave Goulding the 3 shirt when Nobby in particular hardly gave him a look in, and Madge didn't seem to rate him.
(2) we're up there challenging for, and winning trophies despite losing Finch, Leuluai, Carmont, Lima, Prescot, Hock over the past 2 years.
(3) the above have been replaced mainly by home-grown players like Thornley, Hughes, Logan T and Crosby, plus unsung signings such as Flower, Dudson, Taylor - even Matty Smith and Blake Green were hardly big names.
(4) many players acknowledge SW's influence when interviewed.

Even if people like Dave think they could do a better job than Wane, Harris, plus all the coaching staff/physios etc, wouldn't it be common sense to wait til the end of the season in case they look stupid if we win the GF? (Did I answer my own question there? :lol: )
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
CougarDeb

Post by CougarDeb »

I also went to the match last night and in truth wasn't expecting too much. Turned out as others have said to be one of the most entertaining games of the season. Child's was his usual rubbish. A bit of inexperience cost us at the end I think, but other than that it was a great performance. The future looks good.
:)
No Money.... No Honey
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Why does it take a young team of homegrown players to fire the crowd up?
A number of reasons IMO such as the unexpectedly good performance but I'd also say the attack was a breath of fresh air. Hampshire varied his play form half back more on one match than Smith and Green have done all season! His kick and chase to the right corner (which was unlucky not to come off) as an example.

Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

Good point DaveO - it was great to see some interesting attacking plays.

Where there was experience there was experiment and most importantly effort!

The crowd got behind a team who were a hard working interesting team to watch!

Top stars should take note (I note that Charnley, Hanson, Green and Smith were suited and booted sitting somewhere behind me in the West Stand last night!)
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

CougarDeb wrote:I also went to the match last night and in truth wasn't expecting too much. Turned out as others have said to be one of the most entertaining games of the season. Child's was his usual rubbish. A bit of inexperience cost us at the end I think, but other than that it was a great performance. The future looks good.
:)
That pretty much sums up my thoughts of last night :eusa2: