One tactic Wane fails again

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrDave

Re: One tactic Wane fails again

Post by MrDave »

ScouseWarrior wrote:Dreading next week now, Huddersfield could really embarrass us
I'm sure Wane will have a tactic :conf:
ScouseWarrior

Post by ScouseWarrior »

the problem is who would we possibly replace Wane with? there are no coaches in SL I would take ahead of him right now, don't really follow the NRL so I couldn't make any suggestions from there
jobo

Post by jobo »

MrDave wrote:Wigan had a new set move tonight it failed twice and Wigan then had nothing.

Completely over powered in the forwards and out played in the halves.

No organisations, no control and no clue.

I will be amazed bif Wigan come close to a win in the playoff.
Fail to see why you are blaming Wane. This is what happens when you replace class with average. If anything IFL should be pilloried.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ScouseWarrior wrote:the problem is who would we possibly replace Wane with? there are no coaches in SL I would take ahead of him right now, don't really follow the NRL so I couldn't make any suggestions from there
Paul Anderson, tony smith, brain McDermott
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Paul Anderson - 1 LLS
Shaun Wane - 1LLS and 1CC
Tony Smith - Failed 3 times to win a GF with clearly the best squad at Warrington, but he has won it previously and CC's with Wire.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Paul Anderson - 1 LLS
Tony Smith - Failed 3 times to win a GF with clearly the best squad at Warrington, but he has won it previously and CC's with Wire.
I rate Paul Anderson as the coach of the season the giants aren't the best squad and he has turned them round

Look at it this way wire and hudds both play now better and more successfully under their respective coaches, can the same be said of wigan?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jobo

Post by jobo »

And SW has done it with a year on year weakened squad.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
I rate Paul Anderson as the coach of the season the giants aren't the best squad and he has turned them round

Look at it this way wire and hudds both play now better and more successfully under their respective coaches, can the same be said of wigan?
You are correct they are playing better than us but excluding the LLS which we won last year, they haven't won anything yet, we have!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

The most worrying thing about this is wanes reluctance to change things. As a defending side we stood off and watched Leeds play, we were terrified of thier halfbacks. Leeds swamped us and stopped what little half back play we have. Green is a poor standoff, smith has a bit of flair but they are hampered by our "structured" play. We need a halfback that will mix up play, take on the line occasionally rather than pass, out attack is too laboured, stevie wonder could read it.

Wane needs to admit that he has got it wrong again, it's no good whipping the floor with teams in may, to be burnt out and laboured at the business end of the season.

All that has saved him is that cup win against a woefully hull side
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Wigan_forever1985

Fwiw I don't think sw is a bad coach but I think that he is limited.

He is like Carl Froch to coaching a great competitor and brilliant at what he does, and if he comes up against like for like or weaker he will will. However if he comes up against somehow he can't simply bash off the park the whole think starts to unravel.

His desire while being his greatest strength is also his weakness. He sticks with plans that aren't working far too long IMO

What was disappointing like I said earlier was Leeds came with a plan a which was to the line and grubber, did it all night long and we never quelled it. That means we never pushed them into a plan b. they stifled our plan a but we never went to a plan b.

In short we played directly into their hands and were duly trounced