view from the couch so far on to-nite's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Re: view from the couch so far on to-nite's game

Post by BriH »

Southern Softy wrote:I've supported Sky in the past but I had to turn the sound off last night as the Leeds love-in was sick-making from Eddie & Stevo. It was plain embarrassing as they more or less apologised to Leeds because they went in losing at half-time and failed to mention Thornley's perfectly good try being chalked off by poor officials.

And did anyone else notice Sinfield punch a Wigan player in the face when he was on the ground? Sky didn't or glossed it over when they were busy praising Jones-Buchanan who had a totally anonymous night.

Wigan were really poor last night but I'd rather they played Huddersfield (no, I'm not mad) as they should have some chance of winning if they play to their strengths and Leeds and Warrington will kick lumps out of each other next week.

The biggest worry is that without Lockers - we don't look capable of winning. With him - we look as if we can beat anyone. It surely can't be right that the team depend so much on one man (and he is one of the best ever) - something isn't right with tactics or game plan here.
The Eddie and Stevo love-in was dreadful. But, they weren't the only ones.
I had to turn off the sound as well.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I cannot watch the games that Leeds are involved in whether against us or not without the sound off, cannot stand the muppets biased attention given to Leeds & Sir St Kev!!

And how strange that now Huddersfield have won the LLS, well done to them BTW, It's a fantastic achievement being the most consistent team for the season in SL according to them!!

Why is it so different now as to when we or Wire won it???
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

And on SKY there was talk about a conspiracy to lose and so get the Giants instead of Wires. Never would happen they said.

Funny,and I thought Leeds seemed to deliberately throw the recent home game against HKR - but they would never do that would they. More likely that Warriors would throw the game against Leeds to get Giants???

If they did it was b***dy well disguised. But then the Warriors have been practising for several weeks.
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

It was shoddy to say the least. We looked like we just couldn't be bothered. For me only Hansen looked like he wanted to play. He was the only one with any passion that I could see! There was a bit of effing and jeffing from Josh in the second half due to frustration but other than that I thought they just looked disinterested. It would be so nice to see the first team look like they 'want it' like the younger lads did last week.
I usually try to take away the positives from any game but I have to admit I'm finding it very hard after last night. I think if we had been playing like this all season and last (as a fair amount are still through from last season) then it would be easier to handle but when we've seen what they can be it's really difficult to see where and why it all went wrong in a gracious way!
C'mon lads - surprise us!!!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

KaylaRobbo wrote:It was shoddy to say the least. We looked like we just couldn't be bothered. For me only Hansen looked like he wanted to play. He was the only one with any passion that I could see! There was a bit of effing and jeffing from Josh in the second half due to frustration but other than that I thought they just looked disinterested. It would be so nice to see the first team look like they 'want it' like the younger lads did last week.
I usually try to take away the positives from any game but I have to admit I'm finding it very hard after last night. I think if we had been playing like this all season and last (as a fair amount are still through from last season) then it would be easier to handle but when we've seen what they can be it's really difficult to see where and why it all went wrong in a gracious way!
C'mon lads - surprise us!!!!

Think the problem is - if you took the performance of us early season and played it against last nights you may not notice a huge amount of difference in terms of what Wigan did/do. The problem is just that, and everyone around us is wise to it and has upped their game considerably. That flat pass to farrell for example which we use, what?, 600 times a game?, that was working like gold at the start of the season but everyone knows its coming now and shuts it down which leads to Farrell getting smashed to pieces in most games.

I too would like a surprise! anything new! lol
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
phild1

Post by phild1 »

josie andrews wrote:I cannot watch the games that Leeds are involved in whether against us or not without the sound off, cannot stand the muppets biased attention given to Leeds & Sir St Kev!!

And how strange that now Huddersfield have won the LLS, well done to them BTW, It's a fantastic achievement being the most consistent team for the season in SL according to them!!

Why is it so different now as to when we or Wire won it???
==PHILD1,i swore I wouldn't bring up the muppets but it's your fault that I do.eddie"should have been a pnelty"hemmings can't keep his mind on the job in hand he will yap about anything.and his mate uncle fester stevo cant see past leeds.having said that wigan got what they deserved last night;they were second best in all departments.well done giants on your achievement under big paul;;
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I decided to watch the game back tonight while the football was on.

Watched all of 17 minutes switched it off & deleted it!!

What's the point of watching a game with just one team playing?

That's what it is like listening to Waldorf & Statler & the rest of the muppets!

Leeds this Leeds that Sinfield, Sinfield McGuire, Sinfield, Peacock, Brian McDermott, Sinfield over & over & over again bloody hate listening to them :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Turn the sound off.
BriH

Post by BriH »

platt-warrior wrote:Turn the sound off.
We do, but we shouldn't have to!!
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

BriH wrote:
platt-warrior wrote:Turn the sound off.
We do, but we shouldn't have to!!
if you listen to the Wish FM or Radio MCR commentory you will have a far better experience.As far as the Sky pundits are concerned turn them off simples, then enjoy.