Wane unconcerned by Wigan slump

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Wane unconcerned by Wigan slump

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Further evidence of the pink elephants and lemonade between his ears!
It will be interesting to see how he magically turns it round for next week as Mario suggests!
Personally I fear a tanking on Thursday but pray I'm wrong.
To the person who said another season, then may I correct you, it's two!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He does himself no favours with comments like that, but I set no store by what any coach says in public. We don't know what Wane and the coaching staff are thinking. There is a strong collective brains trust there.
Given that we only won the cup 2 weeks ago, it seems a bit strong for people to be jumping off the pier. Even if we lose the next 2 games we'll have had a good season.
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

Well I'm concerned about our second half of the season ability in SL. It's shocking. I don't hold much hope for next week either, can't see anything changing. One of our best displays of the season was the Hull rematch from two weeks ago, and he won't play them. The only way we'll get past next week is if they don't turn up.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

Not arrogant just a passionate guy . Unfortunately also a bit dim !
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Even if we lose the next 2 games we'll have had a good season.
As we did in 2011?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Fair comment. As good as 2011 with a vastly inferior squad, though.
I will of course have to retract my suggestion that Wane will ensure we make a better fist of the play offs than Maguire's start studded farewell tour. Not a good week for optimists, though for us there's always next week.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

I'm not happy with how the end of the season has been going but if he goes on to win the grand final who cares how he got us there. At the start of the season if someone said you'll finish 8th but win the challenge cup and grand final who would of complained?
Leeds have shown the best way to do well in the grand final is to sacrifice your league position
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Garry Riley wrote:Well I'm concerned about our second half of the season ability in SL. It's shocking. I don't hold much hope for next week either, can't see anything changing. One of our best displays of the season was the Hull rematch from two weeks ago, and he won't play them. The only way we'll get past next week is if they don't turn up.
How we used to laugh at the Giants annual mid-season slump. Oh the irony!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Fair comment. As good as 2011 with a vastly inferior squad, though.
I will of course have to retract my suggestion that Wane will ensure we make a better fist of the play offs than Maguire's start studded farewell tour. Not a good week for optimists, though for us there's always next week.
If we do not win the GF, we have achieved short of what we are capable of. So we are underachieving just as we did last seasons and to some extent in the playoffs during Madges finale.

The Wigan STANDARD is if we play at our best NOBODY in Britain can beat us. In 2012 and 2013 we have not met the Wigan STANDARD.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

mario wrote:This all sounds like all the Rhino's supporters calling for McDermott's head and boycotting the challenge cup final.
They all jumped back on the bandwagon when they got to the Grand Final though.
There was also a lot on here that didn't give us a chance in the Challenge cup Final this year, but they performed when they needed to, like they will next week.
Whilst everybody is having a go at Wane, he's not on his own.
Do Radlinski, Harris, Deacon ect not have any input or are they all clueless as well!
Have a bit of faith!
Even when we are winning, the same handful still moan and try to convince us that they know better than the management and Coaching Staff.