How much?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: How much?

Post by cpwigan »

Gilly

You were sadly a victim of others small minded pathetic agendas that have infestated the internet in recent times. A culture that attacks the validity of anything & everything, demanding evidence for the most inconsequential piece of information. You should LOL at their stupidity IMO because they waded in attacking your post which was perfectly valid and 100% TRUE. Interesting those who abused you never then manned up and apologised after being left with egg on their faces. Sad and pathetic really,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jobo wrote:
cpwigan wrote:IL handled the Hock transfer horrendously. We got far far less than 250K and NO conditions.
I've been told we got the full £250,000.
Assuming it was the full £250K just what are we supposed to do with it? Have Wakey got anyone worth having since they are having a clear out? If not on whom can we spend £250K to improve our team?

We could have got £1m for Hock but if there is no one worth buying any transfer fee is not worth a jot to this club.

This why I can never understand people saying we did well to get £250K or whatever because the object of the exercise is to have a top team, not amass cash and you don't get a top team by selling your best players and replacing them with lesser ones or kids. It's RL not Monopoly.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Perhaps we are saving the cash up for a rainy day?! :conf:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
jobo wrote:
cpwigan wrote:IL handled the Hock transfer horrendously. We got far far less than 250K and NO conditions.
I've been told we got the full £250,000.
Assuming it was the full £250K just what are we supposed to do with it? Have Wakey got anyone worth having since they are having a clear out? If not on whom can we spend £250K to improve our team?

We could have got £1m for Hock but if there is no one worth buying any transfer fee is not worth a jot to this club.

This why I can never understand people saying we did well to get £250K or whatever because the object of the exercise is to have a top team, not amass cash and you don't get a top team by selling your best players and replacing them with lesser ones or kids. It's RL not Monopoly.
DaveO. Go to jail. Go straight to jail. Do not pass GO and do not collect £200!
smudgerii

Post by smudgerii »

josie andrews wrote:
smudgerii wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Those that know understand the information I post, sometimes do not post but am given is not my own but over several years it has been 99% of the time spot on. Just to give you an idea, some of that information is often known with Wigan RLFC but unknown to IL and the rest of management.

I will never post what I do not have the ok to post but the club is a horrible mess IMO and many realise that when far more 'true' fans like Josie are even annoyed with what they know is happening.

If others want to bury their heads in the sand then hey it is a free world :exc:
Very rarely post on here or the other RL site, but read it several times a day and felt it right to comment this time.

CP you spout some opinionated crap and rarely if ever back it up with facts or proof.

RL is in a mess not just Wigan RL, and just who does give you the "ok" before you post? Redhall? WRL? Josie?

Please, for once, back up your post with proof.
Hey, don't come on her & say that I am giving ANYONE the"OK" to post what they want! It's nothing to do with me :angry:

This is a bloody forum for people to express their opinions feelings. No one has to ask me for permission!!!! :angry:
No offence meant, I merely repeated a name given by CP. Apologies.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
jobo wrote: I've been told we got the full £250,000.

DaveO. Go to jail. Go straight to jail. Do not pass GO and do not collect £200!
He can't. It's RL not Monopoly :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

smudgerii wrote: No offence meant, I merely repeated a name given by CP. Apologies.
Accepted :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Post by markill »

1) What is the obsession people have with accusing others of having 'agendas'? If you genuinely do come on here with some sort of agenda I would ask you to please get a more satisfying life and stop spamming up a forum that generally brings me enjoyment and often snippets of new/interesting information and enjoyable opinions.

2) I'm not a massive fan of the increasing use of CAPITALS in the middle of sentences. I reads like people are shouting. Emphasis on a point in one thing, but now its all over the place.

3) There seems to have been a lot of swearing recently. I'm not having a pop as such because I swear all the time, particularly on rugby terraces, but I think on a forum you don't have to get your opinion and words out fast. You can be considered, and when doing so you then can use the language you have a little better, so shouldn't need to swear.

4) Why are people always having a go at each other these days? I appreciate that you won't always like everyone's style, but if that is the case, try and respond with a bit of personality and dignity, try and move the topic on, don't start rifts and sometimes we all just have to accept that we won't always get the information we want unfortunately. You might get more if you show a more friendly approach though, no need to be hostile even if you aren't happy with what you read.

5) It would be nice to see some statements of hyperbole substantiated openly. Not being personal, but as an example from this thread, CP's statement that we were getting a lot less than £250k. I don't need to know who he might have got his information from but I would like the information padded out a little - i.e. give a ball park figure of what was received to your knowledge to support your statement. I think people would like that. Although people should still realise that what a person is posting will be true to their understanding, they aren't trying to deceive you or even suggest that what they know is the whole truth and nothing but.

6) Check your facts. You're on the internet, have a quick search for what you're going to say if you make statements of 'fact', its very frustrating when people base their opinions on things that are patently not the case. Reading around something, you will find, is rewarding and your knowledge will improve.

7) The correct spellings are Tuson and Tomkins, not Tucson and Tompkins!

8) If we did get £250k for a player who is 30, who appears to not have a future at the club in the current regime, then the reason this is good for the club is the alternatives would have been worse. Its money that helps the club continue to operate at the very least. We've lost our main sponsor, crowds are generally declining, the sport is at a crossroads and many clubs are really struggling, yet we've brought in money for a player that appeared to have no immediate future at the club anyway.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Great post, as always, Mark :eusa2: :eusa2:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:Now my two penneth on the posters!

cp knows a lot of stuff that isn't in the public domain but perhaps hurts his cause by not coming across as particularly objective on occasion.

daveo I don't think has any particular insider knowledge, but formulates one hell of a logical argument from the available info and by god does he defend that position to the hilt!

keptinthedarkfans gets my attention when he posts. its invariably short, to the point and usually very interesting

josie is awesome. full stop

all great posters IMO and I hope no offence has been caused by my assessment. feel free to disassemble my character at will!
Thank you for the compliment Mike :)