I cannot bloody believe it

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

I cannot bloody believe it

Post by ddtftf »

Ian Lenagan announces the Sam Tomkins is going to Warriors, how bloody stupid is this. Why would you announce this just before a big match against Huddersfield, it will obviously make the players feel better, and the fans will be grateful for the announcement to boost moral
As a business man myself I am worried about his approach to the fans who pay the wages of the club, its almost like a slap in the face.
jobo

Re: I cannot bloody believe it

Post by jobo »

ddtftf wrote:Ian Lenagan announces the Sam Tomkins is going to Warriors, how bloody stupid is this. Why would you announce this just before a big match against Huddersfield, it will obviously make the players feel better, and the fans will be grateful for the announcement to boost moral
As a business man myself I am worried about his approach to the fans who pay the wages of the club, its almost like a slap in the face.
Have you got a link?
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

where is IL announcement?

I've heard the audio clip from wish FM where the NZ warriors assistant slips up in saying Tomkins will be joing them after the WC
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

It has just been announced on a press conference on the radio at 3 pm
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

IL has announced this or are you reffering to an interview with NZ warriors assistant coach? He clearly slipped up BTW, rather than announcing the signing of Tomkins
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its just the usual type of politics to let a 3rd party take the sting out of it. Wish FM were saying that a statment relating to WRL signings would be broadcast at 3 pm. Do you really think that they would do that without the clubs permission? The club had enough time to ring Wish FM and tell them NOT to run the story, did they NO.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

So IL didn't say it on the radio then?
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

ddtftf wrote:Ian Lenagan announces the Sam Tomkins is going to Warriors, how bloody stupid is this. Why would you announce this just before a big match against Huddersfield, it will obviously make the players feel better, and the fans will be grateful for the announcement to boost moral
Businessman or the office gossip? Where is the announcement because as far as any one else can tell he hasn't said a word
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Let's be honest no Wigan fan is going to be shocked by this are we, it's been an open secret for months. The timing may be unfortunate, but a NZ Coach letting it slip is hardly Lenagans fault.
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Yes Kaii 75 Employees the owner of a food factory yes a business man.
It said that there was to be an announcement at 3pm
about a Wigan signing, this was at 2 30pm so don't tell me Lenagan had no idea it was coming, you are naïve if you think he was not behind it. If he wasn't he could have stopped the announcement, the radio station always informs the club if they are going to announce something or they could be in trouble, OF COURSE HE KNEW.

Ps Kaii I am also a share holder of the club I put my money were my mouth is