Wigan v Hudds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: Wigan v Hudds

Post by yokozuna »

Green, Flower, Charnley, McIllorum, Farrell, Hansen and Gelling - outstanding tonight.

The rest have been excellent :D

Powell did his best for a rookie League player, but certainly lacking in an understanding of the game.

Charnley limping holding his right ankle. Hopefully, nothing serious. Give him a week off :wink:
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

Smith man of the match for me
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Flower looked like Lockers!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jobo

Post by jobo »

Actually beat the bookies tonight, can't believe it :lol:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Flower looked like Lockers!!
He isn't a natural ball handler like lockers but defiantly offers the same running threat, he is a very good back up to have I think his a great player and what an engine!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Just like Wembley. 16 points is plenty this time of year.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The ref had a shocker and Powell seemed to have nothing left after his early knock, am I right in saying he only lasted 9 minutes couldn't see him even warm up tonight
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Apart from his try which he did take well, that's a match which given all Brough's plaudits, is a major reason he should not be in the International set-up, imo.

The Aussies and Kiwis would absolutely nail him and force him into indescribable errors at the highest level, just when the pressure is really on him. And at a World Cup it would cost you a result and possible elimination.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Nezza Faz wrote:Apart from his try which he did take well, that's a match which given all Brough's plaudits, is a major reason he should not be in the International set-up, imo.
Agree about his try. He made our defence look bad but it wasn't really, it was just a bloody good try.

That sad, I thought Green's was identical at the end which caused me some little embarrassment after slagging him off all night.

Still. Who cares. We won! :D
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Andy Powell needs to be replaced next week he offered nothing tonight. Apart from that I thought we'd played the best I've seen in ages.

Matty Smith's kicks looked good, loving the drop goal options

Pat's kicking was great, we will miss that the most I think, even the lengths on the drop outs

Blake looked the best he's been but for now I think he needs to back that up

Flower great game tonight could be a big player in the next game esp if lockers is still out

Josh, Sam and Micky Mac showed great passion in their play

A saints fan said to me tonight we keep playing like that and no one will stop us
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR