wigan chasing cooper

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: wigan chasing cooper

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:
DaveO posted:
the grinch posted:
could be worse! if maurice was still signing players we would end up with tommy cooper! most of his other signings have been a joke. :)
Mo has signed many a quality player. Like Lam, Newton, Furner, Connolly, Godwin, Tickle, Renouf, Dallas and many others. I am sure the number of good signings outweigh the bad.

Dave
Not in the last few years.
Yes including the last few years. Lam, Tickle, Craig Smith, Godwin and Newton.

No one complained about Carney before last season either.

Unles you pick a period of about a month which included the signing of a player who hasn't performed for Wigan this idea that Mo has signed rubbish players recently still doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Wardy posted:
Hows about the supposed 1/2 back we were meant to be gettin last off-season ... Ben Jeffries from Wakey (if they go down) we will have a chance of a few ... amybe get both 1/2 backs (jeffries & rooney) & poss korkidas????
Only a thought!!
I would love wakefield to go down just so we can have a chance of getting rooney.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Rooney from Wakefield would be good, if they are relegated.

A lot of Mo's signings looked decent at the time, it's just they haven't worked out. Last year's business (Godwin for Smith apart) has been pretty poor, though. Smith for Seu Seu? Lam for Moran? Vaealiki? Davico for O'Connor? The sort of business that could get a club releagted.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
Rooney from Wakefield would be good, if they are relegated.

A lot of Mo's signings looked decent at the time, it's just they haven't worked out. Last year's business (Godwin for Smith apart) has been pretty poor, though. Smith for Seu Seu? Lam for Moran? Vaealiki? Davico for O'Connor? The sort of business that could get a club releagted.
Lam and O'Connor were not going to have another season here so replacements had to be signed. In both cases whoever they were they had a tough act to follow.

Without Vaealiki we would propbably have less league points than we do now, IMO. He is the first proper centre since Renouf was here and has set Dallas up for scores and scored some vital points himself.

Davico wasn't injured when he was signed. That happened after he put pen to paper.

As regards SeuSeu v Smith, how poor was Smith in his first season?

I don't think there were many people complaining about any of the signings pre-season. Most people were optomistic for a good season ahead based on the squad that had been put together.

But really to slag Mo off for his signing record you need to be very selective about the period you pick.

I have no doubt if next years signings don't work out it will be Mo's fault but if they do, it will be because of Millwards input!

Dave
pedro

Post by pedro »

well said Dave I too was calling foe Smith to be release and agree about DV too.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Hooper looks set to sign for Salford as Pryce has agreed deal with Saints.
http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk

St pat's Australian tour 2007 sponsors needed........

http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk/