Lockers treatment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Lockers treatment

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I was wondering if Lockers might be fit for the GF if we get there, why isn't he in one of those oxygen chambers to accelerate his healing (hyperbaric chamber?)?

Surely Bitcon would be all over this like a rash?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
cpwigan

Re: Lockers treatment

Post by cpwigan »

East Stand Faithful wrote:I was wondering if Lockers might be fit for the GF if we get there, why isn't he in one of those oxygen chambers to accelerate his healing (hyperbaric chamber?)?

He may be using one, who knows? It might not be suitable for his injury? (I have no knowledge to say otherwise) Isn't he going to be reassessed after X weeks in the boot?
East Stand Faithful

cpwigan wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:I was wondering if Lockers might be fit for the GF if we get there, why isn't he in one of those oxygen chambers to accelerate his healing (hyperbaric chamber?)?

He may be using one, who knows? It might not be suitable for his injury? (I have no knowledge to say otherwise) Isn't he going to be reassessed after X weeks in the boot?
Yes I think he takes it off the week of the GF.

That's why I am saying give him oxygen to speed his recovery.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

He needs the time to recover naturally with no acceleration, if he plays there is a good chance he could aggravate the injury and put him out of the World Cup.
Next season he'll be back fully fit :D
East Stand Faithful

Kaii wrote:He needs the time to recover naturally with no acceleration, if he plays there is a good chance he could aggravate the injury and put him out of the World Cup.
Next season he'll be back fully fit :D
I understand your point but I think any chance of getting him on the pitch at Old Trafford should be taken. Lockers makes a massive difference to our team.

Having said that I would not play him if he isn't fit.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Having been in a boot myself for 2 weeks now, ( broken ankle) there's really not much you can do with the joint. I can't see a week being anywhere near enough to get back to fitness.
I cycle at a reasonably competitive level, ( National TT's) and expect to take a few months to truly get back to where I was before the injury.
Make sure it heals and he's ready for next year.
BriH

Post by BriH »

endoman wrote:Having been in a boot myself for 2 weeks now, ( broken ankle) there's really not much you can do with the joint. I can't see a week being anywhere near enough to get back to fitness.
I cycle at a reasonably competitive level, ( National TT's) and expect to take a few months to truly get back to where I was before the injury.
Make sure it heals and he's ready for next year.
I agree. Can't afford to take any chances with an injury like this.
I know from experience!!