Join our Clubb - Dan Sarginson's plea to Tony

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Join our Clubb - Dan Sarginson's plea to Tony

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:The only objection I have with Powell is he is holding back the likes of Tom Spencer who is too old for the U19's & has to go on loan himself to get game time. Didn't he help Leigh win a competition just last month?

He should be getting game time here, maybe not every week but more first team games IMO
What's that got to do with this thread Josie?
:lol: :lol: Brain freeze sorry, went right off topic! Should have gone on another thread :blush:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:The only objection I have with Powell is he is holding back the likes of Tom Spencer who is too old for the U19's & has to go on loan himself to get game time. Didn't he help Leigh win a competition just last month?

He should be getting game time here, maybe not every week but more first team games IMO
Are you sure that Tom will be here next year? I posted some time ago that he had received an offer from Bradford.
Must have missed it.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
KOOCH wrote:I personally am more concerned at the signing of M.Bowen.Fantastic player that he's been in his playing career.I'm sure Wigan will have had him soundly checked out by the medical staff but surely that has already been done hence the lack of another playing contract back home.So it beggars the question who is correct.
No way would we put anyone on our payroll unless he ticked the boxes.
And you have to remember the only reason he retired form his current club is because he didn't tick all the boxes.

If we have signed him there is no way this is anything other than a gamble. DV no doubt passed all the medical tests as well but he should have retired.
Besides, he is giving us the cover we would have had from Sam's 3rd year whilst we bring our young guns in so he's unlikely to play every game. Could be a good signing in that respect!
I'd expect him to play virtually every game bar two or three as he would be first choice full back.

Sam would not have been here in his 3rd year to provide cover. He'd have been the 1st choice full back and whoever joins to play at fullback will also be first choice fullback.

Opportunities for Tierny next season would come if Sam were injured or against the likes of Widnes i.e. a couple of games where Sam was given a rest.

I don't see why we'd expect our first choice fullback not be playing twenty-odd games next season as Tierny isn't ready to play any more than he has this season IMO. I'd also expect to see the 1st choice full back in every CC round against SL opposition and every play-off game.

He's got to be physically up to the job or we would be in a mess. What I don't want to see is something like happened with Amos Roberts. On-fire for half a season, get injured and is never seen again.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:I think the standard bearer for players moving on from London and kicking on is LMS at Stains, i like his aggression and he really does lead the way for them.
Not many Stains fans would agree with you!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

You can tell how good LMS (aka the cockney bottler) is by the number of medals he has won while at stains...

Don't want Clubb, never rated him.

The jury is out on Sarginson, but from what I've seen, he isn't as good as what we already have.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Matthew wrote:You can tell how good LMS (aka the cockney bottler) is by the number of medals he has won while at stains...

Don't want Clubb, never rated him.

The jury is out on Sarginson, but from what I've seen, he isn't as good as what we already have.
This!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I've always thought Clubb was pretty good. I'd take him over Thornley or gelling right now. I'd like to see him in a top team to see if he kicks on.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
markill

Post by markill »

I'm not sure when Clubb last played centre. He moved forward and forward and I think even played a little prop in 2012.

I don't think he is a bad player but I'm not sure he would add much value to our squad.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Not fussed on either.
Sarginson isn't anywhere near as good as Paddy and Clubb is very average at best.
I would rather see young Burgess given every opportunity to build his experience, he seems a very quick talented player good enough to play for wigan already tutored in the wigan way, so why waste the effort already put in.
If Stains can bring on Swift then I am sure young Burgess has every chance of making a top winger in a similar manner.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Clubb on brink of Wigan move

LONDON centre Tony Clubb is on the brink of a move to Wigan Warriors.

The two parties have reached an agreement which will see him swap capital pain for the DW Stadium next season.

He will become the second Broncos player to move to the Warriors next season.

Exciting back Dan Sarginson has also agreed a deal, the Evening Post understands. Neither transfer has yet to be confirmed by the club.

But fans can expect to see both players lining-up in the Cherry and White in 2014.

Their recruitment will help bolster a backs division that is losing Pat Richards at the end of this campaign.

It’s thought Wigan have paid the Broncos a transfer fee to land Kent-raised Clubb.

Earlier this year he asked to be released from his deal amid uncertainty over the Broncos’ future. He branded the situation as “pathetic”, just weeks after being handed the captaincy.

The 26-year-old has spent his professional career at London, making 153 appearances.

Clubb (right) has also represented England and scored four tries in a Test against Papua New Guinea during the 2010 Four Nations.

But his representative chances have dried up and a move to the Warriors could help him break back into the England side.

He will add experience to a three-quarter line which, once Richards departs, will otherwise have 25-year-old Darrell Goulding as the oldest player.

Clubb can also play in the second-row, but Wigan are well covered for forwards.

Utility-back Sarginson will also help strengthen Shaun Wane’s options next season.

Man of Steel Sam Tomkins is leaving to join NRL outfit New Zealand Warriors, though Australian full-back Matty Bowen has been recruited as a direct replacement.

Those moves have also yet to be formally confirmed, though official announcements could be made soon.

The only confirmed signings f0r 2014 are Wests Tigers forward Ed Pettybourne and Leigh prop Sam Hopkins.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-6056085