Fan Focus Group Tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Fan Focus Group Tonight

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are looking for fans to get actively involved with improving the atmosphere at home games ahead of the next Super League season.

The club are always looking for ways to improve the experience fans have on a home matchday. Following recent research carried out by the club it is clear that the atmosphere is extremely important to the fans.

Playing and coaching staff are also in agreement that fans providing a colourful and vocal throughout games can be beneficial to the team. Last Thursday's play-off game proved just how much of a lift it can give the players when the fans create a vibrant atmosphere when getting behind their side.

The Warriors official Facebook Fan Page has already been sparking debate amongst fans in relation to a possible 'singing section' for the 2014 season.

The club would like any fans wishing to actively get involved with improving the atmosphere (singing/chanting) at home games to attend a focus group at Central Park at 8pm this evening (Tuesday 17th September).

If you are interested in attending the focus group send an email to c.dd@wiganwarriors.com with any initial recommendations for improving atmosphere.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Fan Focus Group Tonight

Post by Kittwazzer »

Brilliant idea. A section of fans getting together to sing and chant at matches. Amazed no-ones thought of that before!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I'm thinking of going.

Do you think I need to take flares (I remember when they were in fashion) and wear a dodgy scarf to cover my face so as I can get in :wink:
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Good meeting,some fresh ideas aired,plenty positives.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:Good meeting,some fresh ideas aired,plenty positives.
Will you be leading the singing Aaron? :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:Good meeting,some fresh ideas aired,plenty positives.
Any information on where the section would be located. I believe originally as with the flag group the South Stand was seen as ideal but recently a section of the East Stand seems to have been muted by several people?
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

There has always been a poor atmosphere at the new stadium, caused by IMO its design. It was a great atmosphere at the Leigh Sports Village for the semi final with only 6500 on. We need a new stadium; a larger version of LSV.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

sheepdip wrote:There has always been a poor atmosphere at the new stadium, caused by IMO its design. It was a great atmosphere at the Leigh Sports Village for the semi final with only 6500 on. We need a new stadium; a larger version of LSV.
If shareholders had not sold out to Whelan and backed Robinson, we might have had one.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
sheepdip wrote:There has always been a poor atmosphere at the new stadium, caused by IMO its design. It was a great atmosphere at the Leigh Sports Village for the semi final with only 6500 on. We need a new stadium; a larger version of LSV.
If shareholders had not sold out to Whelan and backed Robinson, we might have had one.
In Bolton. Called the Reebok.

You have a very shaky grasp of the clubs history.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The loss of Lindsay, Rathbone & Hilton, money sucking previously unknown mine shafts underneath the clubhouse end of CP, the SL War & the avent of Union professionalism left Wigan RLFC with no choice but to go to the DW. The alternative as Dave O states was the Reebok.