U19's Final!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: U19's Final!!

Post by josie andrews »

I've followed the kids all season & at the moment it looks line I'm gonna miss the final cos the people I go with are either working or on holiday!! Waiting to see if my niece can get to come with me.

No way I'm driving to Leeds on my own :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We let Whelan into our Wembley dressing room, join our celebrations and we get this crap in return. For some hopefully not man playersy, playing at the DW in a final could have been the pinnacle of their careers.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Some friends who go, who come from Blackburn, are gonna come and pick me up & take me if my niece can't go with me :) how kind is that? :)
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Been told that it's not all Whelan but Wigan Warriors who won't pay for the stadium & the staff, stewards, turnstile operators, bars staff etc!!!

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:Been told that it's not all Whelan but Wigan Warriors who won't pay for the stadium & the staff, stewards, turnstile operators, bars staff etc!!!
If that is the case Josie then IL ought to be ashamed of himself.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:Been told that it's not all Whelan but Wigan Warriors who won't pay for the stadium & the staff, stewards, turnstile operators, bars staff etc!!!
Been told by whom?

And IL has not been the only Chairman to carry out a disgraceful decision of this kind since we have played at the DW.

The RFL are also to blame for insisting that the final be played on a professional ground when for this level, the normal ground of a team would be good enough. In our case, a ground which when used by Orrell RU held more supporters than possibly we would get for the game.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Been told by whom?

And IL has not been the only Chairman to carry out a disgraceful decision of this kind since we have played at the DW.

The RFL are also to blame for insisting that the final be played on a professional ground when for this level, the normal ground of a team would be good enough. In our case, a ground which when used by Orrell RU held more supporters than possibly we would get for the game.
By someone I trust & believe. I do not divulge any confidants :exc: :exc: :exc:
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Josie we don't live in Blackburn we live in Colne. :D :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Green Machine wrote:Josie we don't live in Blackburn we live in Colne. :D :D
I know, but Isn't that near Blackburn :wink:
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

As daft as it seems we are probably nearer Bradford than Blackburn but we are still in Lancashire(just) ????????????????????