WIGAN IMPORT REGRETS RACISM ROW + Rads & Orr back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Louise

WIGAN IMPORT REGRETS RACISM ROW + Rads & Orr back

Post by Louise »

WIGAN IMPORT REGRETS RACISM ROW

New Wigan signing Bryan Fletcher has been sacked by his current club South Sydney for racially abusing an Aboriginal opponent.
Fletcher, the South Sydney captain, apologised publicly to Parramatta player Dean Widders.
He has been suspended for one match, fined £4,265 and ordered to work alongside Widders' in the latter's community projects in Sydney.
"It's not in my character and I admit I made a huge mistake," said the former Kangaroos second row, who will join the Warriors next season, was quoted in The Guardian.
"What was said was in the heat of battle but it was inexcusable and I fully accept the consequences."
Wigan are unlikely to take any action against their new player as they look to overcome the two heaviest defeats in their history.

Couldn't Wigan have him early then??

New coach Ian Millward is expected to confirm that Kris Radlinski and Danny Orr will return from long-term injuries in Saturday's home match against Warrington.

This is great news :) :) :)

Game ON :exc: :exc: :exc:
http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk

St pat's Australian tour 2007 sponsors needed........

http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk/
thegimble

Re: WIGAN IMPORT REGRETS RACIS...

Post by thegimble »

Louise posted:
WIGAN IMPORT REGRETS RACISM ROW

New Wigan signing Bryan Fletcher has been sacked by his current club South Sydney for racially abusing an Aboriginal opponent.
Fletcher, the South Sydney captain, apologised publicly to Parramatta player Dean Widders.
He has been suspended for one match, fined £4,265 and ordered to work alongside Widders' in the latter's community projects in Sydney.
"It's not in my character and I admit I made a huge mistake," said the former Kangaroos second row, who will join the Warriors next season, was quoted in The Guardian.
"What was said was in the heat of battle but it was inexcusable and I fully accept the consequences."
Wigan are unlikely to take any action against their new player as they look to overcome the two heaviest defeats in their history.

Couldn't Wigan have him early then??

New coach Ian Millward is expected to confirm that Kris Radlinski and Danny Orr will return from long-term injuries in Saturday's home match against Warrington.

This is great news :) :) :)

Game ON :exc: :exc: :exc:
Fletcher has not been sacked if taken this from the clubs web site.

comments like these have no place in the game of Rugby League and the Club has stripped Fletcher of the captaincy.
mrs_carney

Re: WIGAN IMPORT REGRETS R...

Post by mrs_carney »

Fair enough he regrets it, doesnt make it all better; still going to be associated with him from now on.
Rad's is back in two weeks and that will be an amazing boost for us.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Lots of people on here never wanted Milly because he swore and was sacked.
Wonder what these same posters think of Fletch?
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Doveoverdave posted:
Lots of people on here never wanted Milly because he swore and was sacked.
Wonder what these same posters think of Fletch?
I don't know anyone who has said thats the reason they didn't want him here. It wasn't the reason I don't want him at Wigan
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

At the risk of starting World War 3, I think there's a bit of a difference between racism and swearing. Neither are good in any way, but there's different degrees of negativity connected to them. :conf:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Swearing or Racism shouldnt be accepted but there is a huge difference between telling someone to b***** off and calling someone a black c***
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3