PLEASE IL do the decent thing!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: PLEASE IL do the decent thing!!!

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
Which bit are you clapping to Meds?
what do you think i was clapping at
Good question??
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
kevccool wrote:The last 2 posts are completely pointless? I said DETAIL not length of reply. I guess that's what you get when you try and join in and contribute to something and provoke thought and intelligent response. Sorry if I have offended and bored everyone. I should have learnt by now what happens when you disagree with one or two people on here.
As its a FANS forum good luck to the boys this Friday and god luck to Sam T thanks for the memories and hope to see you again one day. I really hope IL and Shaun Wane also prove a few of the snipers wrong too.
So detail never means length :wink: struck me you 'tried' to be 'clever' and came unstuck. Must Try Harder! :roll:
Yeah no need for that CP, you are better than that and leave comments like that for the trolls and once in a blue moon posters, usually when we have lost!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
kevccool wrote:The last 2 posts are completely pointless? I said DETAIL not length of reply. I guess that's what you get when you try and join in and contribute to something and provoke thought and intelligent response. Sorry if I have offended and bored everyone. I should have learnt by now what happens when you disagree with one or two people on here.
As its a FANS forum good luck to the boys this Friday and god luck to Sam T thanks for the memories and hope to see you again one day. I really hope IL and Shaun Wane also prove a few of the snipers wrong too.
So detail never means length :wink: struck me you 'tried' to be 'clever' and came unstuck. Must Try Harder! :roll:
Yeah no need for that CP, you are better than that and leave comments like that for the trolls and once in a blue moon posters, usually when we have lost!!
He does.it all the time, i commented.he called me a dickhead, if you do not agree with him he does not like it, i am very knowlegeable about Wigan, as are most people on here and he thinks he.is above everybody else
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Hardly a day goes by without some form of swiping at anything to do with the club, be it the Owner, Coach or some of its players or signings.

If anyone says anything positive, the nastiness starts to surface.

No wonder many no longer comment or even come on the website!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:So do people think what Koukash is doing at Salford is the right thing to do and would like to see that at Wigan?
Depends what you mean. I posted in General RL about their latest signing that he is doing what he has to do to get Salford competitive and in doing so clearly has been prepared to spend.

We already are competitive so IL doesn't have to buy a new team but I believe IL doesn't think we need to spend at all (or spend relatively little) so would not enter a bidding war for Chase for example despite cash in the bank.

Since I always want to see the best players at Wigan in that sense I think IL has it wrong if that is his attitude.

I get the impression even when Koukash has his team for 2014 he won't be afraid to move for and pay for a better player if one comes available. That is what Wigan used to do.

Yes, and debts of £6.5 million!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:So do people think what Koukash is doing at Salford is the right thing to do and would like to see that at Wigan?
Depends what you mean. I posted in General RL about their latest signing that he is doing what he has to do to get Salford competitive and in doing so clearly has been prepared to spend.

We already are competitive so IL doesn't have to buy a new team but I believe IL doesn't think we need to spend at all (or spend relatively little) so would not enter a bidding war for Chase for example despite cash in the bank.

Since I always want to see the best players at Wigan in that sense I think IL has it wrong if that is his attitude.

I get the impression even when Koukash has his team for 2014 he won't be afraid to move for and pay for a better player if one comes available. That is what Wigan used to do.

Yes, and debts of £6.5 million!
Well that is just nonsense so why post it?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:

From the players signed by Salford who would you have liked to have seen at Wigan?
Gareth Hock and I think Chase is a better player than Green. Junior whats his name looks useful as well.
Is a Bankroller like Koukash what SL needs right now?
Is he here for the long haul?
Is he bending the SC rules?
In answer to the first question clearly yes. Without him and with the games inability to secure more funds itself Salford would no doubt be fighting off creditors once again and be whipping boys. He has, virtually overnight, given Noble a set of players Noble should make competitive.

I can't see the downside.

As to the other two questions I assume they are rhetorical because neither of us know the answer though regarding being in for the lang haul the only reason I can see from him walking away is intransigence from the RFL and other chairmen if they keep knocking back any ideas he has to bring more money into the game.

Remember he sees the low salary cap and not raising it as part of a catch-22 situation. You won't get more money into the game if it looks like an amateur set up is his view.
I think it is very exciting for SL and great that we will have another competitive team but I question the reliability and longevity of Koukash, having said that he does seem here for the long haul which I hope he is!!
He certainly ruffled a few feathers already and the game needs it. The complacency demonstrated by IL is not good enough IMO and Koukash might just wake him up but I am not holding my breath on that one.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Hardly a day goes by without some form of swiping at anything to do with the club, be it the Owner, Coach or some of its players or signings.

If anyone says anything positive, the nastiness starts to surface.

No wonder many no longer comment or even come on the website!
Coming from you this is ironic. You are the words worst for having a pop at posters as opposed to at what they post and it's that which puts people off.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

It's threads like why I don't post much on here anymore (and I've been a member for a long time).

Too much personal agenda and hurty feelings when people dare to have the audacity to disagree with them.

As a result, lots members have been bullied out by posters sniping and taking the "I know EXACTLY what's going on behind the scenes, but can't tell you" approach. Pretty much every thread ends up covering the same old ground again and again and again. With the same people, saying the same thing.

This is less a forum about Wigan RL and more a forum about the merits and demerits of IL, SW and Gareth Hock - none of whom currently play RL for Wigan.

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Great post Matthew and spot on! I too am considering leaving the site were my posts are either ridiculed or receive abuse