Well Done Josh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Well Done Josh

Post by josie andrews »

Congratulations to Wigan Winger Josh Charnley who received his Super League Top Try Scorer Award at Monday's Man of Steel Ceremony which was held at Old Trafford Cricket Ground.

Josh scored 30 tries in the regular season in 25 games to come top of the charts.

This is the second season in a row Charnley has been the highest try scorer in the twenty seven regular Super League Rounds.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CougarDeb

Re: Well Done Josh

Post by CougarDeb »

Yes. I'd just like to add my congratulations to Josh for winning the top try scorer award. I think he's had a terrific season. A couple more in the GF would be nice. :D
No Money.... No Honey
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

To me, it seems a bit superfluous to congratulate Josh on 'winning' the top try scorer award. He scored more tries than anyone else-who else could they give it to!

IMO, he should have had a special award for breaching the 40 try mark. Could be some time before that happens again!
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Kittwazzer wrote:To me, it seems a bit superfluous to congratulate Josh on 'winning' the top try scorer award. He scored more tries than anyone else-who else could they give it to!

IMO, he should have had a special award for breaching the 40 try mark. Could be some time before that happens again!
Seriously how picky can you get
:conf:
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Not bad for a team with only one move !! :wink:
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

CougarDeb wrote:Yes. I'd just like to add my congratulations to Josh for winning the top try scorer award. I think he's had a terrific season. A couple more in the GF would be nice. :D
Come on think big! A hat-trick would do nicely.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Can i ask you all does Josh scoring so many tries and having a very good season overall not deem him worthy of at least Man Of Steel nomination ?
That was my point but I got shot down for being 'picky'! He broke Super League's try scoring record. That in itself warranted more than just Top Try Scorer award which could be won next year with 30 tries. Or 20!
markill

Post by markill »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Can i ask you all does Josh scoring so many tries and having a very good season overall not deem him worthy of at least Man Of Steel nomination ?
I think it wasn't right that he wasn't shortlisted. Should have been shortlisted instead of Lockers in my opinion. No knock on Lockers, he is my favourite player, but on this season outright Josh has doen something special and should have been in that final three
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
CougarDeb

Post by CougarDeb »

Yes, I agree he should have been at least shortlisted for MOS. It doesn't seem right he was overlooked, he's had an amazing season in my view. Anyway he will always be my Man of Steel. :inlo:
No Money.... No Honey
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

CougarDeb wrote:Yes, I agree he should have been at least shortlisted for MOS. It doesn't seem right he was overlooked, he's had an amazing season in my view. Anyway he will always be my Man of Steel. :inlo:
I take it you saw 'the picture' Deb! :lol: