Missing posters!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
oldhooker

Re: Missing posters!!

Post by oldhooker »

I Will admit that I did not think we had a chance of winning the GF. I have been critical of SW but he has delivered the goods.I have also been critical of Green and he was superb on Saturday but I think he owed us that as he been under par for most of the season.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:There are some posters that are 'missing', anyone know where they are? You know the ones I mean! The posters that literally post within seconds of losing or continually post when we are going through bad times!! I just want to credit all the posters that have held their hands up and I will add to that Wane has surprised me, very glad he did! Right then, come on guys where are you? The MM is useless and just a thug posters, the Green is a waste of space with no courage, the we lack X factor players blah blah blah! I could name names but I won't!!
I have already held my hands up so I am not going to eat another piece of humble pie! What about all these so called experts? I am still waiting for them to eat their words!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:What about all these so called experts? I am still waiting for them to eat their words!
If you are referring to various TV pundits or similar they all seem rather busy making far too much out of Warrington's injuries during the game in an attempt to explain why they got it wrong.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Something that struck me on TV at the time (or actually on the re run) was how Sky simply cannot cope with something not going according to the "script". Wire turn up (tick), Wire easy win (tick). Oh, what's this?
Similarly the tone of a few papers I read yesterday was - poor Wire, somehow robbed, injuries? Whereas today's papers are much better - Wigan's team fit to stand alongseide the greats of old etc.
I wonder whether all the "experts" had to find a way to justify being so wrong and have now come to terms with it.
By the way, did anyone spot a single expert who predicted a Wigan win? The only one who came close was Stevo, but he only thought we could if it rained.

Incidentally, on the re-run(s) we looked the better side for 70 out of the 80 minutes. We were fabulous when it counted, weren't we :)
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I don't get bitter about Warrington being favourites, the sky commentary team, the game effecting injuries, Tony Smiths arrogance, I simply embrace it and it makes the win sooooo much sweeter.

The bottom line is except for a 15-20 minute period we were the best team comfortably on Saturday irrelevant of everything, we won 30-16, so WESTWOOD when you kissed the camera after your try, how you feeling now mate?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:What about all these so called experts? I am still waiting for them to eat their words!
If you are referring to various TV pundits or similar they all seem rather busy making far too much out of Warrington's injuries during the game in an attempt to explain why they got it wrong.
Injuries? They should be talking about a great game of rugby league, a magnificent Wigan fightback and a champion team. If we had taken our chances then we would have put 50 on Warrington, we beat a very good outfit winning comfortably in the end. Both sides started with 17 players, coaches should make plans for injuries - we did at Wembley!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Injuries? They should be talking about a great game of rugby league, a magnificent Wigan fightback and a champion team.
These are pretty good write ups that give us our due I think:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gene ... 61433.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gene ... 62639.html
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Not surprised one bit by those articles, Dave Hadfield talks straight and has an impartial passion for Rugby League that is only matched by his love of real ale. Have talked to him on both subjects on quite a few occasions when he has been in my local but have not seen him for a while.
The same cannot be said for Paul Cullen, anybody notice the Royal "we" slip when discussing Warrington?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hadfield has not been well