Westwood

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kaii

Re: Westwood

Post by Kaii »

thegimble wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
markill wrote: I don't think so. I think RL has it right and football has it wrong. The punishment should not depend on the competition, the punishment is for the player, the player is the one in control of his actions, not the club. The player deserves to be punished, missing internationals is a bi punishment...of course, you'd need to start appropriately handing out sanctions for it to be a real punishment
Sorry Mark don't agree.The club /coaching are responsible for the player when he is on the pitch and if they had stringent fines or disciplinary measures players would think twice before acting like a thug.
Even better if the Ref had sent Westwood off in the first place. The disciplinary process in league has been in the main this season very good. This is the worst one of all and given that England need him he would otherwise miss 4 games next season.

It once again shows that the RFL has a diregard for SL.
No him getting sent off in the first place would give wire a big excuse for failing so badly, the way it worked out is perfect that comeback was better than nilling them because they could taste victory lol
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Kaii wrote:
thegimble wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: Sorry Mark don't agree.The club /coaching are responsible for the player when he is on the pitch and if they had stringent fines or disciplinary measures players would think twice before acting like a thug.
Even better if the Ref had sent Westwood off in the first place. The disciplinary process in league has been in the main this season very good. This is the worst one of all and given that England need him he would otherwise miss 4 games next season.

No him getting sent off in the first place would give wire a big excuse for failing so badly, the way it worked out is perfect that comeback was better than nilling them because they could taste victory lol
I agree whit you totally.

I was referring to Kept in the dark's point on the clubs penalising the player. TBH i think it was a game plan from Wire to do that to Green. If Westwood got sent off and we put a 50 point bashing on Wire then that would have been a real deterrence.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

I think McIllorum might act as a deterrent for anyone considering doing a "Westwood" to a Wigan player in the future.

:D
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

God wrote:http://youtu.be/zCmbHOYQMRk if he didnt know what hes doing here then im a monkeys uncle.

What a grubby player.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

thegimble wrote:

I disagree IMO the worst one was Briers punch in the Huddersfield match, in plain view of the ref
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

southernpie wrote:
thegimble wrote:

I disagree IMO the worst one was Briers punch in the Huddersfield match, in plain view of the ref
Did you mean Leeds?

Not seen his punch against the Giants.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Kittwazzer wrote:
God wrote:http://youtu.be/zCmbHOYQMRk if he didnt know what hes doing here then im a monkeys uncle.

What a grubby player.
But still a good one when he behaves!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

It was very clear and the evidence is before us that it was intentional. The World Cup as wrongly played its part in his punishment.

LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

How stupid can the disciplinary board be. With the countries RL media and many more journalists and TV critics watching on they decide to treat the matter as a minor mishap. Green won the Man of the Match trophy from the RL media because they all saw what had happened and admired his determination to carry on to the bitter end. I have not seen one newspaper report that suggests that the tackle was legal. There again, I have not seen a Warrington local paper.
This decision can only encourage those who believe our sport is played by thugs. A sad day.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

thegimble wrote:
southernpie wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Did you mean Leeds?

Not seen his punch against the Giants.
Sorry Yes,
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#