Micky Mac, an 80 Min Hooker!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Micky Mac, an 80 Min Hooker!!

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TedMac wrote:I've already posted elsewhere that I think MM was man of the match by a mile - the try, wangling a markers-not-square, flattening Westwood, flicking away a dropped ball and, in the last 15 minutes, running Wire absolutely ragged. They didn't know whether he was going to pass wide, pass short, go for the line. 80 minutes seems no problem to that guy.

He's one tough, quality hooker and I wouldn't trade him for any other British hooker. In the 2010 final, he took on Roby & Cunningham and outplayed both of them. This year, he was up against Higham and Monaghan and they weren't in his league. Last, but not least, he actually enjoys tackling and has as much impact as most props.
He thoroughly deserves player of the year, maybe with Daz in second place - or HH, or Farrell, or Pat, or Matty, or Lee Mossop etc etc.
Lockers has said he actually likes hurting people! :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
KaylaRobbo wrote:I've seen more of the feisty McIlorum that we used to see in the last two games and I love it. He seemed to calm down after Gaz went but I'm really enjoying seeing his naughtiness coming back gradually. We didn't really have anyone who would worry the other teams this season in the way that Gaz and Micky used to do and make them think twice about trying it on.
Hope he continues with this next season... (In the right circumstances (like the Benny Westwood situation) of course ha ha
Another bit I enjoyed KR was when Quasi returned to the field post 8 stitches and a bandage, Mac was at him again within 15 minutes with a dead leg tackle.
Poor old Quasi didnt know where to run to.
I really like a bit of edge in a player like this.

There'll be a real edge when the two teams come face to face next season!
I will guarantee that no-one and I mean no-one will purposely go to war with MM because he will literally never accept defeat.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
KaylaRobbo wrote:I've seen more of the feisty McIlorum that we used to see in the last two games and I love it. He seemed to calm down after Gaz went but I'm really enjoying seeing his naughtiness coming back gradually. We didn't really have anyone who would worry the other teams this season in the way that Gaz and Micky used to do and make them think twice about trying it on.
Hope he continues with this next season... (In the right circumstances (like the Benny Westwood situation) of course ha ha
Another bit I enjoyed KR was when Quasi returned to the field post 8 stitches and a bandage, Mac was at him again within 15 minutes with a dead leg tackle.
Poor old Quasi didnt know where to run to.
I really like a bit of edge in a player like this.

There'll be a real edge when the two teams come face to face next season!
it's a one horse race between micky mac and Westwood if they clash. Westwood hasnt got the guts to have a scrap with anyone who can handle themself.
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Maybe the RFL should use these two guys in the next advertising campaign. Could have them coming out of two corners of a boxing ring/cage fighting ring like raging bulls and then just as they are about to clash -'bang' - to watch what happens next follow Super League on Sky blah-de-blah. Would appeal to all the boxing fans.

While I'm on a roll. They could use examples of other sports and use other opposing players to show the similarities e.g. sprinting - Josh Charnley & A.N.Other racing on the track to a try line, football - Matty Smith & Dirty Sinfield kicking to a football net at the top of the rugby posts. Might interest others in giving a match a go.

Oops hang on - getting carried away with myself there. Forgot they're not really that interested in public relations/marketing it would seem........
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

MM was awesome remeber he had a late season op as well, I'd say that Green shaded MoM though due to his kicking game. Smith also excellent and his energy was a feature, how he isn't in England squad is a mystery :eh:

Agree that Logues isn't in the same league but his distribution from PTB is efficient, he just doesn't have an effective scoot yet.