Tickle on the bench, why?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Tickle on the bench, why?

Post by adrenalinxx »

This is the second week in a row that Tickle will start on the bench. Is Millward just resting tickle by giving him less time on the field or is it something else.

Surely Botham is not better than Tickle, Tickle makes more tackles and meters per game and is also a better goal kicker.

Againsts Warrington, goal kicks could be very important, and if wigan do manage to play well against Warrington I think Wigan could lose because of missed goal kicks (possibly when Tickle is on the bench)

Can some please explain why we are putting on of our best players on the bench for such a big game ?
superleague

Re: Tickle on the bench, why?

Post by superleague »

is he definately on the bench or are u just looking at wot order the names r put in because sumtimes they just put the names in any order
mrs_carney

Re: Tickle on the bench, w...

Post by mrs_carney »

Millward has tended to use the team in that order. So it does look like tickle could be starting on the bench, never mind if tickle is better than botham or not, STEPHEN WILD is starting in tickles spot for what reason i dont know.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Could be something to do with how much he's played this season? At the start of the season Tickle was on fire but there is no denying he's gone off the boil in recent weeks. Maybe he's just being rested to get back into his best form.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

:conf: maybe hes carrying a slight injury :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fylde Coast Warrior

Re: Tickle on the bench, why?

Post by Fylde Coast Warrior »

I don't think Tickle is 100% fit yet. Otherwise I can see no reason why he would not be on from the start.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Doug Stand posted:
Last time Tickle started on the bench was a tactical move because Milly thought that bringing Tickle on would have more impact. Same with Newton. Players tiring then you bring on your best and take the points. Shrewd thinking Millward. This is why I rate him.
Fail to plan, plan to fail!
ham i agreeing with you ,i spotted that and said so on a earlyer post. what a coach we have got :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME