Hocky

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Hocky

Post by Mike »

weststand-rich wrote:Never mind all of that. Look at Hocky's forehead. What's going on with those lumps?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/24641559
And sinfield and westwood have them as well... To many doors unmarked at the RFLs training facilities?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

..and Danny Brough. I wonder why they all have boney lumps on their heads.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Probably - but they'll have scheduled the Sunday as a review and active recovery day. I'd be more worried if they suddenly started to chop and change their structures after a bad result. It would send a wave of panic through the players and their egos don't need that now.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The who farce is incredibly badly managed. Hock was stupid, so were several others. The RFL then chooses to 'wash its dirty linen in public' and as far as I can tell in the RL it is they who would get slaughtered at a tribunal.

Irrespective what a disaster when we should be selling WC tickets. The RFL could not run a 'piss up in a brewery!' :wink: Time to bring in Rob :wink:
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

He (along with everyone else) was told "no drinking" - they went out anyway, disregarding what they had been told.

Everyone else that broke the rules, had enough about them to themselves to make training the following day, Hock didn't. So to say they should all get the same punishment is wrong, because they didn't all sleep in. People have said Hock is famous for not being able to get out of bed - then he should have taken steps to make sure he did, if he was planning on breaking the rules - or better yet, not put himself in the position where it might happen.

Due to his past behaviour (and his frankly dismal disciplinary record) Hock should realise that he has to be squeaky clean at all times. The problem is that I think Hock often struggles to work out what day it is most of the time and probably doesn't take a lot of leading astray.

Hock is a grown man and needs to take responsibility for his own actions. What next, does the RL need to employ someone to tie his boots because he finds it too much of a challenge?

He has a fantastic amount of natural talent, no one disputes that; however that does not mean that he can do whatever he wants. The coach of team (no matter how moronic) is in charge, either do what he says or accept the fallout.

McNamara is tool, just about everyone outside Red Hall knows that - which means the players do too. He is clueless, his training camps appear to be an excuse for a holiday somewhere nice at someone else's expense - rather than preparation.

If we do manage anything in the World Cup it will be in spite of him, not because of him. He has probably guessed that he is on the way out and so anything that undermines him is likely to be met with a reaction like this.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
willie c

Post by willie c »

The guy is a bloody idiot that must be his last chance he as blew this time
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Now perhaps some will now accept that Wigan were right in getting rid of him.

Great player, but a liability both on and off the field.

On this we do agree. :roll:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Matthew wrote:He (along with everyone else) was told "no drinking" - they went out anyway, disregarding what they had been told.

Everyone else that broke the rules, had enough about them to themselves to make training the following day, Hock didn't. So to say they should all get the same punishment is wrong, because they didn't all sleep in.

Sorry Matthew but I can't agree with your logic. The rule was 'No Drinking'. Several players broke this rule and punishment should have been based on this. It is far more serious a breach than 'over sleeping'

Gaz overslept and this was used as a stick to single him out and beat him with.

That is what is wrong and that is why some players have refused to train and that is why McNamara has been shown up for the clown he really is.

Can you imagine Fergie dealing with a problem this way. Or even Wane?
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

I can see why he got kicked out since in the workplace they will never comment on your out of work activities until it effects your work. The problem here imo is that they are using a disposable player as an example to keep the others in line
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Lets be honest about this.Can any one with hand on heart say that they where surprised that it was Gareth because as much as I think he's one talented lad he's always been a little controversial.
Consequently nothing he does really surprises me when his name crops up.
We always seem to be lamenting over the bad things rather than salivating at his talent. Very sad.