Your thoughts on Thursday matches?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Your thoughts on Thursday matches?

Post by FROM A TO B »

Sky TV are planning to schedule their games on Thursday and Friday nights for 2014, and are planning to announce their TV schedule until mid-season once fixtures are announced in November / December.

Don't have a gripe with the club about this as it is Sky that "rules the roost", but what are your thoughts about games on a Thursday evening?
Personally, I'm going to struggle getting to home games on a Thursday due to work.
What about those of you with young kids at school?
I've held a season ticket for a few years now (prob the last 2-3 years at Central Park and since the move to the DW, but seriously considering my renewal, as have no desire to make that journey on a Thursday and getting home around midnight with work the following day

:angry:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Kaii

Re: Your thoughts on Thursday matches?

Post by Kaii »

Thursday night is pathetic too late for school age kids and awkward for work, for the bargain price sky paid for live coverage they should have no say in the dates
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I'm afraid Kaii Sky dictate full stop.But I will delay my decision re season ticket, until a nearer to cut-off time.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Also buy your season ticket, i thought the way you are thinking last season and it ended up costing me well more. I ended up jumping through hoops at work to be able to get to matches lol
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

one word and pardon the swearyish word, SHITE, what about people who have work /family commitments, and people who have to travel like a lot of people fron Cumbria/ Scotland and even farther afield like the southern or irish fans, its a case of i'm alright eff everyone else with sky
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I think it stinks & it's about time the people at Sky/RFL thought about the paying fans. They won't necessarily get more viewers but the clubs could lose valuable money/supporters who won't renew season tickets for all the above reasons given :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Time that Super League was on Premier Sports like the rest of the Rugby League.

A channel which cares more about other sports and is not dominated by football.
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Personally i hate Thursday night games but it gives me an excuse have a Thursday night drink
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Time that Super League was on Premier Sports like the rest of the Rugby League.

I suspect that Premier Sports isn't dominated by football because they can't afford the contracts and make do with other sports
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

AlanF wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Time that Super League was on Premier Sports like the rest of the Rugby League.

I suspect that Premier Sports isn't dominated by football because they can't afford the contracts and make do with other sports
Got to agree with that unfortunately - yet again money talks ....

Thursday matches = awful idea!

Sky schedules matches to suit them, dropping RL even further back to lower priority / less viewed times - away from peak viewing.