McNamara Walk Out

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

McNamara Walk Out

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... -walks-out

Losing the plot.

Perhaps he should be sacked for 'doing a Hock' :lol:
slimshady

Re: McNamara Walk Out

Post by slimshady »

I feel sorry for McNamara after what the English RL have done to him, I think their has been pressure from the suits to get rid of Hock and he hasnt been man enough to fight for his players.

Maybe he was told to get rid of one to make a strong point to the squad and thought Gaz would go quietly due to his past off field problems. What he didnt take into account was Dr Koukash backing his player and stage managing the press coverage, or the support that Gaz has had on social media sights from ordinary people and current/former players.

Now the RL have seen what a shambles they have made of the whole situation and that the press have taken the stance that they are a bunch of idiots who control the game they have hung McNamara out to dry, stuck their heads in the soil hoping that this will go away.

This should never have gone this far it should have been an absolute killer training session of the players involved maybe a fine and thats it.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

English rugby league is at an all time low.

Bring back Great Britain with a decent coach.

McNamara is a major embarassment as he isn't even a decent super league coach.

Maybe the team should boycott the match to show how inept the current management are?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

East Stand Faithful wrote:English rugby league is at an all time low.

Bring back Great Britain with a decent coach.
McNamara is a major embarassment as he isn't even a decent super league coach.

Maybe the team should boycott the match to show how inept the current management are?
Maybe not boycott but the match but the whole team should come forward, behind their Captain and make a statement that the punishment was to strong for all the players involved. Ask that Gaz be reinstated and demand the resignation of the whole top brass of RL on the basis that the couldnt run a bath nevermind a league
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

There are a lot of assumptions being made about why certain players are not playing. It seems like folks are looking at what they know from the facts that are in the public domain, and they are filling in the gaps with supposition and turning that into fact.

He isn't the man for the job for a lot of reasons, but I cannot condemn his actions over recent events until I have all the information. Hock is stupid with a lot of form for demonstrating his stupidity over a number of years. He is all sorts of trouble and controversy, and if anything he didn't warrant a place in the team from the beginning. The coach had an internal discipline problem that only he and select others know the full facts of. He dealt with it based on all the facts which he has access to, unlike us who do not. He didn't want to discuss internal matters with the press, and he asked them to direct their questions elsewhere. They didn't, and he left.
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

no wonder people think rugby league is pathetic from outside of the game
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Absolute embarrassment to English RL that Mon . What did he expect the Press to ask questions about given what's happened this week , worst weeks preparation for a game against an Australian side that I can remember .

If he can't handle the heat get out the kitchen !

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

How many would do the same when these day's you have to put up with a media who are only interested in anything detrimental and controversial in Rugby League and not the positives of the game and a World Cup competition in which your team was playing ?

McNamara is not the first Manager/Coach who has walked out of a Press Conference because of the situation like the one he is in and will not be the last.

A situation which has only been created by the selection in the first place of one player who is trouble wherever he goes.

Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I feel sorry for the bloke. He is way out of his depth IMO. I don't think that the England coaches job should be a full time job as there's simply not enough games to warrant one. And there certainly isn't enough money in RL to have a full time coach and/or coaching team.

McNamara isn't a good enough coach for the Superleague and has been given the England job as no one else would employ him. He's tactically inept and on recent showing has no idea of player management and the crisis that has ensued. It's clearly an unhappy camp, directionless and with no real leader.

What I would say in his defence is that he is RL through and through and I believe he wants this to work. Sadly, being passionate about a sport isn't enough. I mean……. I'm fond of a slap up meal but that doesn't make me Michel Roux.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/24676263

To be fair to him, he makes it clear to the journalists that he's not going to answer any more questions on the matter having given the corporate answer but they persist. He again tells them that if they maintain the questions he'll cut the press conference short and they persist. So he cuts it short.
I can't really blame him for that.

A naive coach and a group of journalists interested in anything but the actual world cup are the problem here.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."