Australia v England

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Australia v England

Post by cpwigan »

The problem you have in modern day RL is that unless you go forward then you never give your halfbacks / LF even fullback the time / field position to play. Sam had lots of joy in the first 20 minutes, then hardly any for the remainder of the game. Chase and Sinfield never got any opportunity. I thought Roby showed up well in the first 20 but same scenario, in your own 20 you will never shine.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

[quote="cpwigan"]The problem you have in modern day RL is that unless you go forward then you never give your halfbacks / LF even fullback the time / field position to play. Sam had lots of joy in the first 20 minutes, then hardly any for the remainder of the game. Chase and Sinfield never got any opportunity. I thought Roby showed up well in the first 20 but same scenario, in your own 20 you will never shine.[/quote
Eh?The whole point of the game is to go forward isn't it ?
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

UTJ Your right of course but done't upset those who think they are enlightning us :) Good game after a troublesome week. Too many needless penalties lost us the game.Our Forwards were dominant Halfbacks so so Three Quaters not upto Aussie standard in this game.Officials ok from my perspective. No excuses. They were better than us...but only just.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

devon jim 1 wrote:Your right of course but done't updet those who think they are enlightning us :) Good game after a troublesome week. Too many needless penalties lost us the game.Our Forwards were dominant Halfbacks so so Three Quaters not upto Aussie standard in this game.Officials ok from my perspective. No excuses. They were better than us...but only just.
Three quaters Jim? You slipping into Lancy dialect? :lol:
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

No Kitt.Just bad at spellin. Have to cum up for Tay and crunpits :D
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Chonkin fettle Jim we 'll put kettle on :wink:
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Well A kount speyke :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

devon jim 1 wrote:No Kitt.Just bad at spellin. Have to cum up for Tay and crunpits :D
I call um crampits!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

devon jim 1 wrote:Well A kount speyke :D
Cawnt speyk! :D
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Yet again, we have seen a game against Australia handled by a below standard New Zealand Referee who was out of his depth and a touch judge in the form of Robert Hick who yet again prove what a poor official he is.

How could he see if Charnley had touched the line when he was so far away. Has Specsavers given him Superman vision.

I ask you, what Aussie touch judge would have done the same if it had been a Aussie player ?