Ferres Selection Puzzle

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
oldhooker

Re: Ferres Selection Puzzle

Post by oldhooker »

This is just another instance that proves SM does not have a clue what he is doing.I really dont think we will reach the final and at least that should be the end of the road for him.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

He's not the only selection mystery for me. If Widdop is good enough for the Storm, why is he not good enough for Eng? Chase offered very little and the passing game improved once Widdop was on.
And Ablett?!?!?!?! How the hell does he get a place in the squad? There are better centres and second rows than him.
As for Ferres, he did very well but I don't think Faz would have done any worse and Faz can play for 80 mins offering another slot on the bench.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Maybe Ferres impressed more in training.
Up The Mont!
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Kiwiseddon wrote:He's not the only selection mystery for me. If Widdop is good enough for the Storm, why is he not good enough for Eng? Chase offered very little and the passing game improved once Widdop was on.
And Ablett?!?!?!?! How the hell does he get a place in the squad? There are better centres and second rows than him.
As for Ferres, he did very well but I don't think Faz would have done any worse and Faz can play for 80 mins offering another slot on the bench.
Chase didn't have a bad game; he threw some short sharp passes that took some defending against, and very nearly came off. My problem is why play Kevin Who? His kicking game wasn't there, in fact Sam was far better in that department than he was. He was in the most part, totally invisible throughout the game. I thought we started to move a lot better once Widdop came on, yet Mac still left Kevin on the field. The problem with Kevin is he is ok in the positions he plays, but he isn't the best player in the squad in any position.

As far as Farrel goes, there is a world of difference in being a good SL player and being good enough at international level. He is a small lad playing in a big lads position and I wouldn't have put him in against one of the best teams in the comp. that being said, Westwood didn't have a good game and he wouldn't have been any worse than him. I was surprised Ferres wasn't in the original squad, although with this coach, anything is possible
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The big danger IMO is that we place too much importance of players who perform well say v the 'lesser countries'
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
TonyH wrote:Maybe Ferres impressed more in training.
Big call that mate, Faz is renowned for being one helluva a trainer.

Maybe ferres has bunged Mcbanana a bit of feed for his ferrets
Yeh I know it's very hard to believe that Ferres trains harder than Faz who is by all acounts the fittest player at Wigan. Mcnamara hasn't got a clue to be honest.

The fact everyone was licking Cudjoe's backside after the Ireland game is a bit of a joke to be honest, I don't think he's up to scratch and will possibly get found out if we play any of the Pacific teams in the next few weeks.
Up The Mont!