Re: Cautious Praise for the RFL and WC Organisers

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
The Wembley semi is going to be the one potential drop for me and i do hope the fans can be persuaded to travel.
The Wembley final is selling well. I tried to buy ticket yesturday. The lower bowl is by and large sold out. The club wembley level is sold out on the sides but not behind the sticks. The upper bowl is empty ish. i don't think this 1st open when they first started selling the tickets.

Wembley will still be 60% full but that is still 50,000 ish people which is good (i think).

The other good thing is the sponsers that as been attracted to the comp. Specsavers and GoDaddy.com are both big business names. it would be good if we can convert them to Super league sponsers.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

The Cook island V USA game could be the one that bursts the buuble that the last few days have created.

I can't imagenie that one selling out.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Seen 3 games so far and hopefully another 2 on sat, already going the England vs Ireland game and hoping to persuade the wife to go to the Australia vs Fiji game also. It's her birthday so she deserves a treat :wink:
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Kaii wrote:Seen 3 games so far and hopefully another 2 on sat, already going the England vs Ireland game and hoping to persuade the wife to go to the Australia vs Fiji game also. It's her birthday so she deserves a treat :wink:
Good luck with that.

I am also thinking about going the Aus V Fiji game....I can watch it at home but a tenner for a ticket seems like a bargin and nothing beats live RL.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

So far some positive stuff from the World Cup. I attended the Opener and thought the Ceremony and both games had merit. I'm catching up with TV but thought last night's Ireland v Fiji game was awesome - even my missus was enthralled by the speed and physicality on show. :o
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

I stand corrected - this comp is magic :eusa2: :eusa3: :inlo:
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

widdenoldboy wrote:I stand corrected - this comp is magic :eusa2: :eusa3: :inlo:
Every match has been good so far, really enjoying the WC
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

wiggydoran wrote:The Cook island V USA game could be the one that bursts the buuble that the last few days have created.

I can't imagenie that one selling out.
Perhaps that's why they are staging it at the ground of Bristol RU and seeing that we now have clubs in the Gloucestershire/Worcestershire area, testing what real interest there is in our game in that part of the country.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Chance to see Eddy Pettybourne,should be interesting.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Blagged time off work at the last minute only to find its a sell-out......gutted and pleased at the same time