TV coverage of the World Cup

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Re: TV coverage of the World Cup

Post by medlocke »

markill wrote:
medlocke wrote:The sooner premier sports takes super league of sky the better
In what way?

They have less viewers/subscribers. They offer less outside of game time exposure as they don't have a 24hr rolling sports news channel or other channels to advertise upcoming RL coverage on. They also don't have as much money to offer for the rights I would suspect. The sooner more sports broadcasters (BBC, ITV, C4, C5, BT Sport and Premier Sport) all start bidding for a part of the Super LEague pie the better, but just passing coverage to Premier Sports, whilst we as existing fans might like them and like getting all our RL in one place, would be another nail in the coffin in terms of revenues in our sport.
wasn't really thinking of anything but my SKY bill
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

josie andrews wrote:I'm a bit annoyed as I have to pay for Premier Sports thru Sky, I don't see why Virgin users should get it free :angry:
Because I am special :lol:
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:I'm a bit annoyed as I have to pay for Premier Sports thru Sky, I don't see why Virgin users should get it free :angry:
Complain to Sky or get Virgin, but don't begrudge others getting something free!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

platt-warrior wrote:There are other ways of watching RL other than tv.You could have watched the GF (as i did) on VIPBOX.tv-for free!
Thanks for the info!
formulamoto

world cup coverage

Post by formulamoto »

apart from last saturday. is there a secret bbc channel showing the world cup? i was rather looking forward to seeing pat richards , hanson ect playing. this on the cheap coverage would never happen in a rugby union world cup
cpwigan

Re: world cup coverage

Post by cpwigan »

PM me Moto
Owd Codger

Re: world cup coverage

Post by Owd Codger »

formulamoto wrote:apart from last saturday. is there a secret bbc channel showing the world cup? i was rather looking forward to seeing pat richards , hanson ect playing. this on the cheap coverage would never happen in a rugby union world cup
Be thankful that it is being shown to more people, irrespective of the standard of coverage.