Luke Lewis injured at St. Helens

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
East Stand Faithful

Luke Lewis injured at St. Helens

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Australia coach Tim Sheens has confirmed Luke Lewis will miss the rest of the Rugby League World Cup with a dislocated shoulder.

Lewis suffered the injury not long after scoring the last of six Kangaroos tries in the 34-2 win over Fiji at St Helens on Saturday.

He was chasing down the ball to try for a second score but failed to make contact and slid across the wet surface into the hoardings at pace, with Sheens confirming the severity of the injury after the game.

"Luke is in a lot of pain," Sheens said. "His shoulder is dislocated and it still hasn't been put back in place, so it looks like we have lost him for the tour.

"A dislocated shoulder means he will be going home. We will wait and see what happens before we make decisions about the next game. The guys who didn't play here will be back.

Sheens felt there was plenty of improvement to come from his side, who failed to finish a number of chances to add to their lead but managed to stop the Fijians from crossing the line on plenty of occasions.

He added: "I thought we controlled the game from start to finish, defensively we did. I was really happy we didn't allow a try.

"Fiji were good, they held on to a lot of ball and we wasted a lot but by the same token our defence was good enough."

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... /9006181/?

I bet he can't wait to go back to St. Helens!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
shawcross da warrior

Re: Luke Lewis injured at St. Helens

Post by shawcross da warrior »

Was at to game happend just in front of us. He hit the Sponsers boards hard. Fantastic player but they have the squad depth to deal with it