Much Better

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Much Better

Post by ChrisA »

In the second half we really knuckled down and stuck to a gameplan, the amount of effort and enthusiasm was great to see.

I couldnt really pick a bad player tonight, if I had to it would be Allen for giving away 5 or 6 penalties, his overall tackilng technique is poor at best.
Overall though we were a better more organised team in the second half, Moran had a good game and Orr was ok for his 1st game in 6 weeks, we do look more organised with 2 recognised halves on the field directing play.

One thing I was loving was Millward's reactions to various events, they went from anger and desperation to joy and jubilation the later the game went on, I dont think anyone can doubt his commitment to Wigan after seeing him tonight, he was so annoyed at a few things and you can see he is trying so hard to get the guys playing better, he loves the game and his personality is infectious to those around him, and seeing him hug Betts when Colbon scored was the highlight of the evening for me(apart from the result obviously).

I'm looking forward to the Saints game next week, with a few wins behind us and abit of confidence now, and hopefully Orr came through and is able to play and add to that Scully and Rads coming back, we may just give them a game. Hopefully they will still have 7 players out next week :D
mrs_carney

Re: Much Better

Post by mrs_carney »

However bright allen has appeared when hes been brought on mid-way through a game, when he starts he just doesnt appear to have the same effect, i dont know why this is, maybe because when he comes on the rest of our players are tired and incapable of breaking tackles.
Was glad to see danny orr there, hopefully he'll still be there next week. For his first game in however many weeks i was very impressed by him. Both him and moran put some good kicks in, orr more than moran and his kick to colbon, pure genius.

:)

If Millward and Betts keep up that hugging, rumours will begin... :roll:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

mrs_carney posted:

If Millward and Betts keep up that hugging, rumours will begin... :roll:
If we keep winning I will be climbing up the stand and joining in for a group hug :lol:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I actually feel good about a win for a change! Last Fri when we beat Leigh, it was good to win but the performance wasn't fantastic and there weren't really any outstanding players on the pitch. This week was much better as the thread is named, team spirit was definitely there, the atmosphere was brilliant and there was some good attacking and defensive play. Kicks started off a bit poor but eventually we got there and there were some good attacking kicks going in. Am still buzzing from the win. Let's hope for an even better performance next week :D

Bring on the scousers
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!